Saturday, March 6, 2010

It's a Beautiful Day, Don't Let It Get Away

Well, today, I went out to see Alice in Wonderland in IMAX (although it wasn't TRUE IMAX. It was just a tall screen, not like in Huntsville where the screen takes up your whole field of vision. But I digress). It was supposed to be a nice sunny clear day. I went down to the harbor and the day was perfect. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, the temperature was nice (not too cold), almost no snow/ice/slush left on the ground, and the sky was the perfect shade of blue. I walked around for a bit, ate, went to the movie. It was a good movie. I enjoyed it, although some parts did drag, overall I would recommend it, except for very small children. Some parts may be scary, but no kids cried in my showing, that's good. The girl playing Alice looked like Mischa Barton, except she can actually act. Did you see Mischa on SVU the other night? Wow, she was bad. Heck, that show's becoming bad. I remember when it was good. I think it's time for them to hang up their handcuffs. Johnny Depp wasn't bad as the Mad Hatter, and Helena Bonham Carter was hilarious as the Red Queen.

Back home in Alabama, things are flipping crazy with this gambling stuff. Governor Riley is dead set against any gambling of any kind in the state. Several of the gaming establishments have closed under threat of prohibition style raids. This is costing the state revenue and puts many out of work. Now Jesse Jackson decided to come down to march in protest of this, on the anniversary of the Selma march. OK, I'm fine the gaming establishments in the state (shocking & sinful, I know) because of jobs & revenue lost to other states and the state can regulate it. And I'm fine with people wanting to protect those jobs, but...(this will get its own paragraph).

Anytime Jesse Jackson gets the urge to go somewhere to support something or someone, I wish he'd think differently or someone would take away his car keys or airplane ticket or something. He's got all the wrong kind of baggage. Plus, in the many years that Greene County has had financial & employment woes, where was Jesse? Why wasn't he there to ask the state to help provide jobs in the area? Why Jesse? Why only now when it's all about the "bingo"? He was probably out getting his staffers pregnant.

Larry Langford got 15 years in prison. Oy vey!

Finally, a blogger for the American Family Association blogged about the whale who killed the trainer at Sea World in Florida. He said following the ancient civil code of Israel, the whale should have been killed, more correctly stoned, back in 1991 when he first killed a worker, and not only the animal but the owner as well, as put forth in Leviticus. Wow, really? It'd be interesting to see his life and see if he's fully following the Mosaic law. But anyway, the animal was doing what was in his nature. He is a wild animal forced to live & perform and we get upset with the whale for living its nature? For the love of all people, get a grip. I know friends of mine are fans of the AFA, eh, they aren't my favorites.

Anyway, that's my griping for the week. Yeah, I really need a vacation. Maybe I will just go and crash on someone's couch sometime for a few days and just sleep. I've just been tired. Oh well, such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment