Tuesday, March 16, 2010

You Cut Me Open and I, Keep Bleeding...

Well, the snow is gone, well, pretty much. It's staying above freezing and rain has come through to wash the rest away. I'm so happy. Spring better be here for good. I'm sick of snow, in case y'all haven't heard. But I'm glad it's still cool enough to wear long sleeves. After having to be stuck twice for bloodwork, my arms now look like Courtney Love's arms so I need the sleeves to hide em.

Not much going on besides work and watching TV. Sometimes DVDs (Up in the Air, Precious: Based on the novel 'Push' by Sapphire, and A Perfect Getaway), sometimes TV shows (Law & Order, Parenthood, Community, The Good Wife), sometimes sports (MARCH MADNESS BABY!!). Yeah, I'm just that pathetic. I have no life and am just a big fat slob haha, which leads me to my next paragraph...

OK, once again a doctor, not my arthritis doc, tells me I need to exercise and lose weight. But he actually told me why, suggested I join a gym, etc, instead of making me feel like a big fat pig for no reason. So I probably will break down and join a gym this week or next. Hopefully one that's a bit smaller and not as crowded. Beach season comes around soon and I don't want some well meaning animal activist trying to set me back out to see to be with my pod. I just need motivation. Since pretty much none of y'all live here, it'll need to be done online. Can you be a good online encourager for me in my exercise/weight loss? If so, I'll keep you more updated on my progress if you hold me accountable. I'll even tell you my weight and give weigh ins! But if I tell you my weight, you can't tell it. If you do, I will turn evil and tell some secret or something bad about you, EVEN IF I HAVE TO LIE!!!! So if you wanna help, let me know, seriously :-)

Other than the weight, I seem to be in pretty good health for someone overweight with arthritis and sometimes low iron. WooHoo!! I'll take that victory!

In sad news, I know of 3 people recently who passed away. A lady at church with 2 young sons, the mother of a friend/former co-worker, and a girl I went to elementary school with. Life is short! Spend it loving & enjoying each other. It makes me appreciate my friends, all of them, all different, and all wonderful. Thanks y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment