Sunday, September 18, 2011

Emmy Awards - Hour #1

The wonderful Jane Lynch is hosting and starting off with a production number full of singing and comedy featuring half of the people on TV. The Mad Men part was the best by far. I like the idea of The Emmytones (goofy singers featuring celebrities), I hate the idea of Wilmer Valderrammaa being in it though. Why hasn't he gone away from the entertainment world completely. But the first presenters, Jimmys Kimmel & Fallon were funny. First winner, Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy is Julie Bowen!! WTG, she was hilarious in the Halloween episode of Modern Family! Although looking at her dress, she needs to eat more and work out less. Julianna Margulies is presenting Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy. She's funny, but something attack the top of her dress. Or else someone had to use the rest of their gems in their Bedazzler. The winner is Ty Burrell, from Modern Family. Starting off to be a good night for them. Ricky Gervais' part was pretty funny I have to say. And now ZOOEY!!

Let's see, Jane Lynch did a Tea Party joke, now Charlie Sheen is presenting. Why? Can't we send him & Wilmer off somewhere? I have to say, he does look to be in bad shape. Now, Lead Actor in a Comedy is Jim Parsons! I do love Sheldon and Big Bang Theory, but would have loved a Steve Carrell win. An accent joke with Sofia Vergara? Wow, that's as original as a pair of Gap Khakis! LOVED Amy Poehler coming up on stage when her name was announced though, and then the others. What a great plan!! :-) It's just like Miss America! Even Edie Falco played along and she's about as funny as psoriatic arthritis. And Laura Linney who is even less funny than that. WOW!! Melissa McCarthy won!! Go SOOKIE!! (Not that awful Anna Paquin Sookie, but the real Gilmore Girls Sookie). Bridesmaids must have helped her a lot. I was rooting for Martha Plimpton, but I like Melissa.

I loved The Office parody. I love all the different shows being parodied. But why was Kim Kardashian there? I know she was making fun of herself, but really, Kim, making fun of you is our job! Showing some of these reality shows further shows why I don't like most of these crappy shows. And since I watch none of those reality competition shows, I don't care that Amazing Race won. I do always love the writer nominees intros, and shock, Daily Show wins again. That's hour 1 y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment