Sunday, September 18, 2011

Emmy Awards - Hour #2

Starting off hour 2 with The Lonely Island and Michael Bolton doing their song from SNL. Then here comes other songs from this season, one of the few funny spots on SNL. Instead of Andy, Jimmy, and Gaga, it was Ed Helms, John Stamos, and my fave Maya Rudolph, then Akon told us what he just did. Now Lea Michelle & Ian Somerhalder are unfunny presenting a directing award. How did SNL win? One good episode a year and they win an award? Why is Anna Paquin still allowed to "act", if you can call it that? I do love The Daily Show, but 9 wins in a row, c'mon, spread the love Stewart!

Now, time for drama, still loving the goofy singers. I'm a fan of all those actors, well, except Wilmer. Oh yeah, not a fan of Ashton Kutcher either. But now he's on a CBS show and I work for a CBS station, so, I'll keep it to myself :-) And the Emmy goes to FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS!!! How flipping awesome. I loved that show and it deserved so much more recognition. I love Mad Men, but I'm so happy for FNL! And supporting actress in a drama series goes to Margo Martindale from Justified. I've never seen it, but I've heard it's awesome! Everyone is tripping up the stage too. What's with that? Is everyone drunk or is it bad set design? I have never seen any episodes of the shows nominated for directing in a drama series. Martin Scorsese won for Boardwalk Empire, which is here is ok, but boring at times. Flipped it over to see the Falcons & Eagles, there was a fumble and a big Falcons DE picked it up and ran. I love seeing big defensive linemen running. Now, supporting actor in a drama goes to Peter Dinklage from Game of Thrones, never watched it, but somewhere, Chelsea Handler just wet herself.

Anderson Cooper is hosting an AC360 segment on a lady (Lynch) who is responsible for Jersey all over TV. Unfortunately, it featured the cast of Jersey Shore, therefore it was awful and pointless. Look, Tom let Kate out for the night! Now Lead Actress in a drama series, the Emmy goes to Julianna Margulies for The Good Wife. I would have loved Connie Britton to win, but I'm happy Julianna won, because she is AWESOME on The Good Wife. But that dress still looks stupid. But I've loved her since ER. Now lead actor, it better be Jon Hamm or Kyle Chandler. KYLE!!! I am glad the Emmys are finally recognizing Friday Night Lights. I just hate it took so long. Wait til it's off the air? Oh well, better than nothing.

That's hour 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment