Sunday, February 12, 2012

Grammy Awards Hour #1

Starting off with Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band (RIP Clarence Clemons) is always a good thing. After all these years, he still has it. I like that he went with the understated gold hoop earrings for the Grammys. Good song "Wherever this flag's flown, we take care of our own!"

It is good to see some Grammy fashions: Fergie in something that got caught in a shredder, Gaga wearing a hair net on her face, Adele looks fantastic. Here comes host LL Cool J (in beret, as always), but somber in honor of Whitney Houston. He started off with a prayer, very kind and sweet to see so many in the audience bowing their heads in reverence. Blake Shelton & Miranda Lambert are sitting next to Gaga, and TayTay is next to Cardinal Nicki Minaj. I think that is quite awesome. Now they are showing Whitney performing I Will Always Love You at the Grammys. Dang, that woman could sing and sell a song!

Starting off with one of my faves, BRUNO MARS!! I love his CD "Doo-Wops & Hooligans" I love his throwback vibe but still modern. Runaway Baby is one of my faves off the CDs. He did matching suits and choreography with his band seem ok and Vegas cool and not Jonas/NSync cheesy. He told everyone to get off their Rich, um, Butts and get up and dance. I love it. Yes, friends make fun of me for being a fan of his. Guess what, I don't care. He just did a James Brown split.

Alicia Keys and Bonnie Raitt pay tribute to Etta James by singing Sunday Kind of Love. Alicia is bringing it while wearing Wonder Woman's bulletproof bracelets around her neck and Bruno Mars' hair on her head. Bonnie still has that great blues voice. And best Pop Solo Performance goes to ADELE for Someone Like You, the best and saddest song of 2011. But, Adele, please spit out your gum. Now, time to go to the kitchen for my supper.

Jay & Ye win for Rap. Now, singing Don't You Wanna Stay, Jason Aldean & Kelly Clarkson. She blew him away (even though he did well, she's just that awesome) when they did it at the (I think) ACMs. Can he keep up? Kelly looks great, sounds a little hoarse, but still great. Looks like she's having a great time. Good for Aldean. Kelly is still my favorite Idol. A commercial just used the French song Alouette. That is the only song I can still play on piano haha


Jack Black, get funny again, but until then, go away. But, FOO FIGHTERS!! And they are playing Walk, one of my favorite songs from 2011. Heck to the YEAH! for this performance.

Well, that's hour one for ya. Let's get ready for hour 2!!

No comments:

Post a Comment