Sunday, February 12, 2012

Grammy Awards Hour #2

Let's see how Rihanna & Coldplay do together. This is gonna be brilliant or a hot mess. I don't think I've hear RiRi sound better than in that open for We Found Love, although after the piano only open, was she lip synching a bit? And is she wearing a Shakira wig? I was a little underwhelmed by the Rihanna/Chris Martin duet section. But I do love Paradise by Coldplay, although they did it better on SNL.

I think 90% of the awards are given out in the pre-show. So, not many awards, mostly performances. The NY Giants don't seem very comfortable here. How is The Cave a rock performance though? That is something I don't get. Doesn't matter, Foo Fighters win for Walk. AWESOME!! Now some 12 year old named Seacrest is introducing the tribute to one of my all time favorite bands, THE BEACH BOYS!! Glad to hear Maroon 5 sing something that doesn't make my ears want to cry, although they are coming across like Michael J Fox in Back to the Future when he had to play at the Enchantment Under the Sea. Now, the much cooler Foster the People singing one of my fave songs Wouldn't It Be Nice. They could star in a Beach Boys movie. Now, bring out the real ones. GET OFF MY SCREEN SEACREST! 50th anniversary? After that long though, you shouldn't really call yourself boys anymore, should ya? But dang they sound good! BEACH BOYS FTW!!!

My latest tweet: Dear drinkers, don't play a drinking game where you take a shot every time Taylor Swift misses a note. You'll DIE!

STEVIE!! introducing PAUL MCCARTNEY!! I like Paul, but it's odd to hear him in the crooner role. I do like him doing it better than Rod Stewart because of the arrangement of the song. R&B album to Chris Brown. Great line from the guy in Civil Wars about everyone else being their opening act. Now, here comes Taylor singing. If they give her a Grammy after this, watch for the patented Taylor Swift Surprise Face (TM) (C). Look, she's still country, she has a banjo! Where'd she get that dress? Did she stop at an Amish Barn Sale (they wouldn't have a garage now would they?). Taylor Yoder everyone! But this is probably the least off key she's been. Good for you TayTay. My friend Ms. Stephanie Pendergrass probably loved the McDonald's commercial with the old men. She loves old people, but doesn't love TayTay.

Song of the year time now! Apparently, it takes a village to write a song, for some of these at least. ROLLING IN THE DEEP!! WooHoo!! It feels like an Adele sort of night. I love Adele, BUT SPIT OUT YOUR GUM! Poor Kate Beckinsale, apparently her dress was stolen so she had to make one out of the hotel sheet. That's resourcefulness.

Now Katy Perry, with one of my less favorite songs ET. And now a new song. And either the pain medicine for my back is really strong or Katy Perry is trying to out-Gaga Gaga. Is this song about Russell Brand?

Best country album goes to Lady Antebellum, ugh, no TayTay Surprise Face. Boring middle of the road bland songs win. Sorry, they started to get on my nerves.

No comments:

Post a Comment