Sunday, September 23, 2012

Emmy Awards Hour #2

This starts the drama section of the Emmys. I do not want to see Downton Abbey sweep. I am sick of us outsourcing acting winners to overseas performers. Thankfully, the first one goes to Aaron Paul for Breaking Bad. He reminds me of Ryan Gosling for some reason.

Best shot of the Emmys night: Kathy Bates fanning herself with her lace fan shaking her head at the hijinks. LOVE IT! Now Connie Britton looking rougher than she did on Friday Night Lights or American Horror Story. Homeland won for the Pilot which was good. I had issues with the show as a whole, but the pilot was intriguing. Predictably Maggie Smith won for drama supporting actress for Downton Abbey. I was rooting for Christina Hendricks to win for Mad Men. Mad Men has never won an acting Emmy and I'm afraid Christina's chest will eventually consume her.

I was so happy Martha Plimpton won an Emmy for The Good Wife. She should have won last year for her episode of Raising Hope. But she's great on The Good Wife too. She presented with Jeremy Davies. He needs a haircut and flea dip. I think he asked me for money once at a gas station. I liked the parody of In Memoriam moments at awards shows with Josh Groban mourning Jimmy while singing One Direction.

Damian Lewis does just fine on Homeland, but why hasn't Jon Hamm won an Emmy for playing Don Draper? It's a dang shame. I'm rooting for Elisabeth Moss to win. She grew on me on Mad Men. But she won't win. Claire Danes is fine on Homeland but submitted the wrong episode so she should lose. As long as it's not a Brit. And she won. Oh well.

Now for Variety/Comedy series. Daily Show has won this 12zillion times in a row. Will he make it 12zillion and 1? Bill Maher has been nominated 12zillion times and never won anything. 12zillion and 1 now? Yes, and yes. Really Emmys, sing a different song. Kathy Bates is still not amused.

That's hour 2! Now on to Hour 3! Movies! Miniseries! Series wins!

No comments:

Post a Comment