Sunday, September 23, 2012

Emmy Awards Hour #3

Jimmy Kimmel starts the hour by kicking he parents out after they told him he'd win an Emmy this year. Or something like that, I was putting up laundry when they came back from commercial. Now, movies & miniseries, and drama series would thought they'd face less competition in these categories.

Supporting actress in a movie/miniseries goes to Jessica Lange in no shock at all. But what she did to her face is the real American Horror Story. Don't look directly in her eyes.

Now Ellen is on with the president or chairman or something. See actresses, Ellen proves you can look great and aged without surgery. Kerry Washington is really tiny, WOW. Eat a sandwich please. Tom Berenger won for Supporting actor in a movie. To me, he'll always be Jake Taylor, a catcher in his last year playing for the Cleveland Indians. Wow, he was rambling in his speech. But in a boring way, not a train wreck drunk funny way.

After the Breaking Bad parody, that clip of the Andy Griffith show opening was jarring. But it was Ron Howard introducing those in TV who died (aka Death Parade) and starting with Andy Griffith. Usually, this is a contest to see which celeb gets the most applause. This year it seems they cut the mic in the auditorium so you couldn't hear. That's actually classy. Usually, the names in the list fall into several categories: Famous, didn't know they had died, didn't know they were still alive, who are they.

Julianne Moore won for playing Sarah Palin in Game Change. I still have it on my DVR. I need to watch it. I had strong feelings about Sarah Palin as a candidate so I'm interested to see about the behind the scenes stuff. Glad Julianne Moore finally won a big award besides the Daytime Emmy for As the World Turns.

Susanna Hoffs' husband, and the director of the increasingly awful Austin Powers movies, won an Emmy for directing Game Change. Kevin Coster just won an Emmy for Hatfields & McCoys. He looks like a drunk uncle hitting on bridesmaids at a wedding reception.

Game Change wins best movie/miniseries. I can't wait to finally watch this on my DVR.

On to the series winners:
Drama series goes to: Homeland. BOOO!!! I didn't think it was best show worthy. I had big problems with the show. I laughed out loud at times.

Comedy series: And Modern Family wins AGAIN! It's a good show, but come on, where's the Big Bang Theory love? Nerds are disrespected.

OK, so that's the Emmys. I hope you enjoyed it. Eh, just ok for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment