Sunday, January 13, 2013

Golden Globes Hour #2

This hour stars with the supremely talented actress Jessica Alba. I'm waiting for her to tackle Shakespeare. And the best actor in a tv movie/miniseries is Kevin Costner. He deserves this award more than he did for best director for Dances With Wolves. That should have gone to Scorsese for Goodfellas. My favorite part, lady coming back to her table with her wine while Kevin was walking to the stage. Haha, she didn't care. It was HER moment.

The actual president Bill Clinton presents the clips from the movie about Lincoln. I still have to see it, but it's another one of those full nap empty bladder movies. Dear filmmakers, EDIT!!

From Clinton to now Ferrell and Wiig, that's a transition. And they are doing bits like most of their characters on SNL. Yeah, they annoyed me on there. They are coming across as, um, medicated. But it's kinda working, kinda predictable and not working. Coming across like that bit Wiig did with Fred Armisen that I despised. But Jennifer Lawrence won for her brilliant performance in Silver Linings Playbook. See this movie if you haven't. Loved her speech "I beat Meryl".

Best TV supporting actor now. I'm rooting for Max Greenfield from New Girl so he has no shot. The winner is Ed Harris for Game Change. He was a great John McCain. And Jamie Foxx presents Django Unchained. See earlier. Jonah Hill and Megan Fox, awkward. And the Golden Globe for best supporting actress goes to Anne Hathaway for a wonderful 15 minutes in Les Miserables. Oh I hope she doesn't cry. I've never understood crying when you win an award. You didn't put a man on Mars or cure diseases. You played pretend. Anne is great but she takes herself a tad too seriously. But she gave a nice shout out to Sally Field.

Manic man Quentin Tarantino wins best screenplay. He still kinda scares me after all these years. Maybe it's the chin? I think he's a little drunk, or maybe a lot. Now a clip of Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. I kinda wanna see it. I like Ewan McGregor and Emily Blunt. I love movies where British folks go to exotic locations and learn more about themselves. See also, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. Now Lucy Liu in a shower curtain. For best actor in a TV comedy, the winner is Don Cheadle for House of Lies. I've read horrid reviews of it and most Showtime shows I don't care for, see also Homeland.

Now Stallone and Schwarzenegger are onstage trying to sound coherent. Bless their hearts. At least there are no housekeepers at the awards show, so Arnold is safe. But they are at a hotel, so who knows. Amour wins. It's about an old couple facing illness and death. It's the feel good movie of the year.

Now TV actress in a drama. I'm rooting for Julianna, want Connie to win for being snubbed for Friday Night Lights, but no, Claire Danes wins for Homeland. Yawn. Why did you say wow Claire, you knew you'd win.

Oh good grief, Sacha Baron Cohen with an unfunny and tacky intro, not to Les Miserable, but to best animated feature. Yeah, that is a great segue. Why is he funny again? Or Russell Brand for that matter. He wasn't there I just don't like him. Brave wins best animated feature. I haven't seen any of the movies so congrats. I'm sure your movie is either great or awful. Now presenting, Life of Pi. I do kinda want to see that. It looks visually stunning!

Now best actress in a comedy, Aziz Ansari trying to be funny but failing and Jason Bateman playing the straight man again. Loved Amy & Tina's nominee shots haha. They are brilliantly funny. The winner is Lena Dunham for Girls. Would have preferred Amy, but happy for Lena. Girls really grew on me. Congrats. Plus she not a pencil stick thin blond bimbo type.

Now on to hour #3

No comments:

Post a Comment