Monday, February 22, 2010

I Scream at the top of my lungs WHAT'S GOING ON!

Well, another pretty uneventful week in the life of Eddie. I traveled for work, I came back to a traffic jam of mythic proportions. That makes me glad I moved to where I did. Baltimore drivers are nutty nutty people. It took me over 2 hours to get home from the airport. Yeah, Homie don't play that. I'm not sure if it was road work or snow removal or idiots behind the wheel. At least I had gone to eat before I ventured out onto that asphalt abyss. Eating out, that's the best part of my market trips. Don't get me wrong, I love cooking, but not cleaning, and I've been super lazy lately.

At least I got a decent report from my arthritis doc today. He gave me a new anti-inflammatory because, well, I've been achy lately. No biggie, I have arthritis, I'm bound to hurt. The side effects may include drowsiness and/or dizziness. Well, I only take it morning & evening so if it makes me drowsy in the morning, I can sleep it off at work before I drive home. I'm still TONS better than I used to be. I don't even want to imagine having to shovel if my pain was still very bad. I'd have to pay someone or move. Disposable apartments, that could be fun. It'd keep me from fighting the urge to tell either my downstairs or next door neighbors to stop stomping around & closing so many doors. The things I miss about my old place: thicker walls, dishwasher, lack of shoveling. The things I don't: nosy neighbor, no private laundry, smaller tub.

Tiger Woods finally made a statement last week. Who cares. What he did is between him & his family. Does he really need to tell everyone he is sorry? C'mon after the 3rd mistress spoke out, we knew how sorry you really were you jerk. Plus, now these women are wanting apologies from him for lies they were told by him. ARE YOU FLIPPING KIDDING ME?!?!?! I'd like to introduce these women to something called REALITY. He was cheating on his wife with you and you knew it. Now you are shocked he was lying to you. I didn't think people could be that clueless. One woman was upset when she found out that he was cheating on his wife with someone other than her. Gain some self respect, get a clue, push Gloria Allred out of the way and move on with your life. I don't feel sorry for you. I feel sorry for the wife who was lied to and has watched as her life and family crumble in front of the prying media. She deserves pity and an apology, not people who knew it was wrong to begin with. It reminds me of those people who want to sue fast food places because they got fat eating there.

Finally, I've been watching The Olympics. They are entertaining enough and only slightly disturbing. Goodness, some weird outfits. I haven't seen that much Spandex seen I last went to the People of Wal Mart website. Then there was the US guy for bobsledding. Yikes! There is also all the figure skating with their bizarre costumes. The halfpipe skiers are wearing flannel hoodies and baggy jeans. But the most bizarre ones are the aerial skiers tonight. They have stars all over them. They look like footie pajamas a 4 year old would wear. I can't tell if they are being coached or if they are having their coach read them Goodnight Moon. Ice Dancing is on tonight. It's ok, but all those earnest facial expressions creep me out. Plus, pairs skating is cooler because the guys throw the women into jumps and lifts like they are rag dolls. Still, I hope the Russians lose. I'm just mean like that. In men's skating, I'm glad the Russian lost because he seems mean, cocky, self absorbed, and looks like a criminal on SVU.

Well, that's it for now, probably for February. Can't believe it's almost over. My sister had a birthday. Bama women's basketball had a close loss to UT and a big road win ROLL TIDE!! Plus I made it through 2 blizzards and a trip to Wisconsin. That's why I need a vacation to either San Diego or Tampa. Hopefully I'll decide soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment