Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snow Falling Down Around You Like a Silent Prayer

Well, it's been quite a weekend here. First off, in case you haven't figured it out, I'm not a fan of snow. Snow deserves a Facebook dislike button. Snow ranks right up there with Jennifer Aniston, Nickelback, Mustard, Miley Cyrus, and pickles. In case you don't know me, or can't figure this out, I don't like those things. I don't care if you are a fan of any of those I listed, I'm not, it's my blog :-) First off, we were trying to get ahead at work because of the impending snow storm (one blogger for the Baltimore Sun called it the White Death. Yeah, not classy at all). I let all my stations know that we wanted to work ahead, we'd still get everything done and done correctly, just a bit faster than normal. I have 8 markets in 7 states and one department I have to deal with that's in one of those states. 99.9% of them were great about helping us get ahead. Then, there was 1 person. Because of this ONE PERSON and them not letting me, my boss, or their boss know how behind they were, I got out of the city JUST in time to avoid big travel problems. 3 words "they a heifer!" I did slide one time on my first attempt into the parking lot, but then was fine. So I slept late Saturday & Sunday (church was canceled), watched movies, watched TV, shoveled. Yes, I shoveled. A neighbor has a snow blower so that helped a lot. I shoveled the porch Saturday and ATTEMPTED to dig out my car. That was because some "genius" came through with a tractor and screwed up the traction royally. I got stuck about 3 times today. I finally got my car back in the original parking spot. I'm hitching a ride to work tomorrow with my boss, well, me & my sausage rolls are (sorry Union Chapel peeps!)

In happier news, the Alabama women's basketball team got a hard fought win today against Auburn. ROLL TIDE!! WTG Tierney Jenkins with a double double. I miss going to the games. I did it for I think a little over 10 years, once I finally started watching basketball again. That was thanks to Jeremy Hays. What are he & Dina up to these days?

WHO DAT!! The Saints won the Super Bowl, GEAUX SAINTS! They'd never won or even been to the Super Bowl before and they beat one of the best QBs the game has ever seen (yes, I'm a Bama fan and giving praise to a former UT player. What can I say, he's good). I skipped the halftime show. Not a fan of The Who. I don't hate them, but never got into them. But would it kill the NFL to have more than one act, or do more than classic rock? Just saying. The commercials this year weren't all that great. Not many were memorable either. Most were predictable or rip offs or played on dumb stereotypes. Beer drinkers will do anything for beer, guys are stupid, a little kid in a commercial will be funny and act unlike a little kid, animals will do weird things animals can't do and be human like. I liked the Coke ads best, as well as the ones with the Griswolds. The e*Trade spots still creep me out, Megan Fox looks like an evil cyborg bent on destroying earth, Tim Tebow's head is shaped like a potato, and Charles Barkley proves you don't have to lose weight while eating Taco Bell.

1 comment:

  1. You don't like pickles? Pickles make my life worth living


    :) Amy

    ReplyDelete