Wednesday, February 3, 2010

It Happens!

Well, I've been sappy & sentimental and happy tree-hugging and all loving lately. There is a time and place for that, and I always will have that as a part of me. But sometimes, life happens and I just have to talk about it. Ain't y'all happy 'bout DAT!

#1, I hate snow. I'm sick of it. Snow affects everything you do up here. I'm sick of walking on it, driving on it, shoveling it, people driving like fools in it, brushing it off my car, etc. In theory and on vacation, snow is good. It's beautiful and peaceful and very scenic and can be fun. But in life, you have to deal with the messiness of it, and how it affects & messes up your everyday life. In other words, it's like falling in love on vacation. It sounds wonderful & romantic and the movies make it seem great, but in real life, it leaves your life messy, cold, & complicated. I'll take a thunderstorm, thank you.

Today at work was nutty. (very short work rant, but relates to snow). Apparently, when anyone asks, I have to immediately drop everything and put all my focus on you. Today, I was working to get a little ahead because of the possibility of a few feet of snow this Friday. I told folks that working ahead was my #1 priority. Apparently, that was an open invitation to be needy. I need to start making everyone take a number. NOW SERVING #12!

Wal-Mart, 2 days before a snow storm and at 8pm, decided that only 6 checkers were needed to handle all the volume. SERIOUSLY?!?! Yeah, that's good planning. Those poor checkers.

But last night, I did find one of the best worst shows EVER. It's called "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant!" WOW!!!! The stories themselves are entertainingly bad enough. Ladies, mothers, can you really not know you are pregnant? Aren't there some things that happen, or don't happen? Then one day, you have some back or stomach pain, you end up in the bathroom, or at the emergency room and 2 hours later it's "OH MY WORD I JUST HAD A BABY!" It just boggles my mind, especially when these ladies recount it very matter of factly. "Yeah, I was in pain, got on the floor and that's when I realized my water broke. Well, let me get my 10 old to call 911 and then let me traumatize him for life." But then, there are the re-enactments. The acting is so bad, it makes Avatar look like Hamlet. If you like bad TV, you have to watch this. I think it's on Discovery Health. Discovery, TLC, all those channels have weird programming now. I think they were supposed to be educational at some time in the past. Now, The Learning Channel has the Toddlers & Tiara show, or as I like to call it, the beginning of the end times.

Finally, Kraft Macaroni & Cheese. I remember growing up loving this food. But now, I realize you have to eat that junk when it is first made. Once air hits, it begins to devolve into some substance that no longer resembles cheese and only by the slightest margin resembles macaroni. What is in it that makes it turn into this yellow gluey mess? Ugh!

Hope you are hungry, ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment