Sunday, May 30, 2010

Ain't That Mr. Mister on the Radio

Good evening all my loyal readers & fans. How y'all been? I'm hanging in there. Yes, I mentioned on my statuses (stati? haha) that I haven't been feeling well. I am blaming it all on my attempt to lose weight. You see, about a month ago I bought this multi-vitamin at Wal-Mart. It's called Weight Conscious, same as the One-A-Day brand Weight Smart vitamins. They have something extra to boost metabolism and stuff. I have to take a vitamin anyway, might as well get something extra out of it. So I went to my regular 3 month arthritis doc checkup. They took my blood pressure. To me, this is simply a formality. My BP is ALWAYS 120/80. Has been for years. Nurse said, "Your pressure is a little high, so I'm gonna check it again". How high, I logically asked "How high" (I had my pressure checked within the last month & a half and it was fine so I was concerned). It was 140/100! What the WHAT!! I told my nurse & doc about the vitamins and a few doctor friends on here. They all think that could be the reason. I bought a monitor and have been checking it religiously. I believe it's finally starting to go down. I've cut back on caffeine and been taking it easy all week. I'm good at taking it easy. I'll ease back into things and exercise now that it seems to be back at a decent level. I did joke with mama Tuesday morning that I didn't have a stroke overnight so that was good. She doesn't appreciate extreme sickness jokes. Please, I've had enough wrong with me over the years that I like joking about it. Also, beware of any sort of diet/weight loss/fat-burning type pill or supplement. Apparently, it can mess you up!! I wish weight loss came in a pill form. It'd make things a heck of a lot easier.

Bama softball and baseball played today. Baseball in the SEC final lost to LSU in 10 innings. I napped & missed it. Bama lost on a walk off homer today in the super regionals. Heartbreaking and sad. Those little Hawaii heifers liked to lean into pitches to get hit. I think, and others do too, that the Bama pitchers should have really zoomed some pitches in there. If they want to get hit and get first base, you ought to pay for it. Oh well, hate it ended that way.

In idiot news, BP still hasn't capped their gushing oil well in the gulf. UGH! Now, the fun game to play is "Whose fault is it?" It's BP! It's TransOcean! It's Obama! It's Bush! It's Halliburton! Guess what, I DON'T CARE WHOSE FAULT IT IS, FIX IT YOU FINGER POINTING NIMRODS! They are worse than the Brady kids on the episode of The Brady Bunch when they broke the vase or when Jan ran over the picture, or when...wow, they were some trouble making little honkies, weren't they? Anyway, right now isn't the time for blame, it's the time for results. I really think the BP guys are sitting in a room getting high and trying to come up with the wildest ideas to stop the gusher. Try working together to fix this for once: BP, White House, Democrats, Republicans, etc. The Gulf can't afford this. But as we've sadly learned in this election cycle, cooperation with the other party will get you voted out. Yes, how dare we have compromise.

On to TV. There are some really bad/weird/trainwreck-you can't-help-but-watch shows on right now. This show on NBC the other night, 100 Questions, was one of the most unfunny things I've seen. I'm surprised Jenna Elfmann and Oliver Platt weren't in it. Right now, I'm watching Long Island Princess Unleashed on E! It's a new show. It wants to be Real Housewives with 20s-30s women. Just as trainwreck fascinating. I'm still thinking I should do "Real Housewives of West Alabama" It's be AWESOME! But in WONDERFUL news, Royal Pains returns for season 2 this coming Thursday. I loved this show last year and can't wait for its return. It was such a good, solid, funny show. HooRay!! Lee won Idol, but he shouldn't have. He did bad things, or at least uninteresting things, to 3 of my favorite songs of all time. I was team Crystal from the beginning.

Oh, the blog title? It comes from that horrific Hey Soul Sister song by Train. Train holds a special place for Drops of Jupiter, but I want to punch them all in the face for this abomination of musicality. It's as dumb as a Ke$ha song. WHY?!?!?!

Now, I am just sitting here watching TV. I have no Memorial Day plans. If I were back home, I'd be in Arkansas right now. Yes, I know that sounds confusing, but it makes sense to me. Holidays get ya homesick. I heard Sweet Home Alabama on the radio this morning. Plus, a friend of mine was able to go home to visit for the first time since last June!! Bless his mama's heart! Glad you are getting to visit buddy. I'll be in Bama in July. I fly in on my birthday night, so I expect presents or something. haha. But I also need a vacation soon too. I have friends in ATL so I could go visit there (I still have the $100 Delta voucher from earlier this year). I want to hit a beach though, maybe San Diego, West Palm Beach, someplace fun that Southwest flies. Gotta love a free trip. That'll probably be in September. I figure prices go down after Labor Day, and I'm cheap.

Well, that's enough mindless rambling for now. Later folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment