Saturday, May 1, 2010

Sing a song about the heartland, sing a song about my life

Well, it's been a busy week. Heck, it's been a busy month. I'm glad April is over. Work has been wicked busy, but that phase of busy is over. Now, onto a new phase of busy! But it's a different kind of busy. That's what I get I guess!

Anyway, on to the past couple of weeks. Yes, Comcast still sucks. Pretty soon, I'll probably get rid of it (except for internet, darn you New Freedom and your lack of DSL!) and switch over to DirecTV. I now need the account number of someone who has it and I'll give it when I sign up (which should be this coming week I guess). First come First serve (if you are referred by a DirecTV user, both of you get a $10 per month credit for 10 months!). Bring it on users!

Orioles suck this year (no shocker there) and the Braves suck this year too (Bobby's last year thankfully. He did a great job, but once you are 212 years old with 6 knee replacements, you need to give it up) so baseball isn't high on my list these days.

The other day, I had to turn on the heater. Today, it's 90 degrees and my air conditioners aren't in my windows so it's very warm in here. At least I wasn't moving today like my neighbors. Yup, the next door neighbors moved out this time. But apparently it's already been rented. I'm gonna have seniority!

But things aren't all bad. Friday I got GREAT news from my ENT (ear nose & throat). A year and half ago I had a small little ulcer type irritation on my throat. I sound more hoarse than I used to and my throat usually feels irritated and my singing range seems affected. Well, the doc (who, trust me, was a bit of an odd duck) said the spot wasn't there and my irritation was a combination of sinus drainage and reflux (gross sounding I know, but I'm happy it's fixable, or not worrisome at least). Then Friday night, I bought more Mello Yello (thank you Target) and finally broke down and bought some almond milk. You know what, it's not bad. I think I will like it a lot.

Today was quite a full day. I went to bed earlier than normal and woke up later than normal. Apparently, I've been tired. Then I had some Chocolate Cheerios with almond milk. Then I went to the Amish market. I went to the furniture/home store first. It looked like some cutesy country barn exploded and the merchandise is the shrapnel. Then, I went to the food part. Or as I like to call it "Heaven in south central PA". Bakery, candy, ice cream, fudge, restaurants, butcher, deli, and if you are so inclined, produce (I don't incline that way). I limited myself to the bakery and some homemade rolls (which I doubt will be as good as my aunt Sandra's, but away from home you take what you get) and a pound cake (but trying to lose weight, I only bought a half a cake). Then I went to eat at Cracker Barrel and it was good today, except I had the laziest waitress ever. It took several minutes after I sat for her to come over so I went ahead and ordered (that was visit #1), she brought my food (visit #2), and then brought the check and asked if I wanted dessert (visit #3). No extra trips to check on me, no extra trips to refill my Coke. LAZY! But I did get Yankee Candle car fresheners (vanilla lime is AWESOME!) and those red & black berry candy (those have been a favorite of mine since The Peanut Shack at the new mall all those years ago). Then I went and took my car through the car wash and threw away too much trash. Then I came back to the apartment and changed for my brisk walk. I walked around Mayberry some. Stopped and visited the Harrisons. Saw boss lady, knew better than to offer my lack of experience to her hubby while he put up a fence, saw the sister in law, and 2 adorably sweet little boys (one playing in the dirt, one playing with an air pump. Also learn if you spin around a 15 month old and try to get him to walk, he looks drunk, can't stand and it's hilarious!). I then went on the NCR trail to the tune of songs from Glee. OK, "Home" which was Kristin Chenoweth sang this past Wednesday night is AMAZING. Her performance of it was great and the words are great too. Yes, it's tough being away from home. Maybe one day. Now, off to eat something for supper and iron clothes (I iron at night because I'm OCD & paranoid about going off in the morning and leaving the iron on. Yeah, I'm weird!). Have a great May everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment