Sunday, July 25, 2010

Waging wars to shake the poet and the beat

Well, another week in the books and accounted for. Since I last blogged, I: flew home, saw family, saw friends, got 2 books, 3 shirts (one I couldn't wear, I'm super picky), got a cake, sang at church, and got to hold a precious sweet baby girl who wasn't even 24 hours old. All that happened in one joyous fun filled weekend in sunny...TUSCALOOSA ALABAMA!! Trying to make it sound like a game show prize, did I do a great job? I thought so, thanks for the compliment.

Then I decided to lose weight again. This time, I'm not only going back to the gym, I'm going on weight watchers. So far, I'm able to eat pretty much what I want.  I can handle that sort of diet. I even went to one of the exercise classes at the gym. This one is called BodyFlow. It's a mix of tai chi, yoga, and pilates moves. It'll help with flexibility, cardio, and all that crap. It was more intense than I thought it'd be, but that's because I'm fat arthritic and out of shape. Amazing how that affects your fitness level. But apparently I've lost 5 pounds this week so I must not be screwing up too much. I'm eating less, switched to diet drinks (blech), and found a most amazing discovery today: BLUE DIAMOND VANILLA ALMOND MILK. Awesome stuff and lower in fat and calories.

I'm also reading a fascinating book, "The Unlikely Disciple" by Kevin Roose. This is the true story of Kevin, who was a student at liberal Brown University and decides to spend a semester at VERY conservative and Christian Liberty University, the one founded by Jerry Falwell. It's amazing to see how "outsiders" perceive Christians. I was worried that they'd be portrayed as kooks or weirdos, but they aren't. They are shown the way I see Christians, and that's a good thing. I'm about halfway through and not offended. Some of my more conservative friends SHOULDN'T be offended by it, they may, but shouldn't. It is a good read so far.

I'm still doing the Dale Carnegie course and it's not sucking. I saw the movie "Inception" and it was AWESOME! It's a total head trip so you have to pay attention and plan out your potty breaks. I also want to see Angelina Jolie in "Salt". It looks pretty good. I saw the preview for Jennifer Aniston's new movie "The Switch". Wow, that movie looks hideous, disturbing, and dumb. Saturday, after exercise class, I decided since I was already in town I'd take in a sight or two so I went to the zoo. Yeah, on a day where the high temperature was over 100, I go to an outside open air zoo with little shade. Even the animals were miserable. They have a penguin exhibit. #1, it's outdoors. It's not the flippin Arctic circle, so why are they outside in summer? #2, they had a lawn sprinkler out there to cool them off. They looked like little redneck children playing in the yard haha. The zoo also has camel rides. Yeah, that's odd. They have a lion, and he was in the back under the shade and not putting on a show like all good zoo animals should. Chimpanzees look weird from behind. All the animals were just so sad. I was a miserable animal too. I was sweating like a fat kid at the zoo on a hot July day. It wasn't pretty. I didn't make it to the Maryland exhibit or the polar bear exhibit. The African exhibit had all the cool animals anyway. I mean, they had giraffes! Then I went back to the apartment all sweaty, tired, and disgusting. All in all, a productive day!

Other than that, not much is going on. My life is still as boring as ever. But at least I'm good at commenting on other people's lives and giving advice too. I'm waiting to get my own show on radio or TV and make money off of this deal. I figure I won't start writing my books until after I become famous. I even have them titled already. Well, that's it for now. I watched the Mad Men premiere tonight and it was AWESOME!! No show would be able to stand up after that so I decided to just watch the Kardashians in Miami and Holly's World on E! instead. You don't expect them to stand up to Mad Men so it's like a cleanser. Have a good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment