Wednesday, November 10, 2010

CMA Awards Blog - Hour 1

Well, Carrie Underwood is starting off this year's awards show by oversinging to show how loud she can sing. Unfortunately, the audio person is cranking up the electric guitar even louder than her. I guess the audio guy is a Taylor fan. Brad Paisley & Keith Urban came on to play guitar and banjo respectively. They make her look more & more like a robot. No, I'm not a huge Carrie fan. She has a great voice, but annoys me. But then the opening monologue further proving how awesome Brad Paisley is. Redoing Buck Owen's Tiger By the Tail into a Tiger Woods song was brilliant.

Ty Pennington looks like a tall skinny oompa loompa. Orange isn't his color. Lady Antebellum wins single of the year for "Need You Now", a great song about a booty call, but a classy one. It's a quarter after one, I'm a little drunk and I need you now. That's class. haha, I kid I kid, it's a great song and I downloaded their album. For those of you under 30, album is an old term for a big CD.

Rascall Flatts sang a song that wasn't horrible cheesy and overly emotional for a change. But I don't know where the lead singing shot  got that couch to shoot so someone could make that shirt. By the way, his name is Gary Le Vox. That's not his real name, he changed it. Le Vox is Latin for "the voice". Pretentious much?

What happened to Kellie Pickler's face? WOW! She looks like a mannequin, and not in a good way. Song of the year went to "The House That Built Me". That is one of the best songs I've heard in a long time. It's just brilliant. Miranda Lambert sang it beautifully. More funny from Brad then some Blake Shelton. I've watched Blake on Chelsea Lately and he's at least half crazy and dang proud of it. I appreciate that.

Miranda Lambert is just flippin awesome. But it's odd still to see country music sung in fancy clothes. The sound mixing is still awful. Are they really afraid people won't be able to hear the electric guitars? George Strait is and always will be the King of Country Music. Kids, this is how to be cool, by not forcing it. Just let the cool be. Nicole Kidman was so moved by it, her over botoxed face almost showed emotion. Glad Zac Brown Band won New Artist. But I promise you he looks like the homeless guy who used to show up around my office at my first job. But their performance was just down home awesome, especially when Alan Jackson came out to sing with them. Then Kenny Chesney came out to sing his football song. He makes weird faces when he sings, and the song is pretty schmaltzy and predictable, but it perfectly captures football, especially in the south.

Bring on hour 2!

1 comment:

  1. I really would love to go to a concert of their closer here to my home and get Kenny Chesney Tickets , seems like all the biggest concerts are so far away from me.Hope so .

    ReplyDelete