Wednesday, November 10, 2010

CMA Awards Blog - Hour 3

Lady A is starting off the 3rd and final hour with one of my favorite songs, Hello World. BRILLIANT!! That's all I can say about that. Male vocalist goes to Blake Shetlon. I had a feeling he'd get it. I always root for Brad, and Dierks Bentley is great. But Blake is really good, really funny, and engaged to Miranda Lambert, that didn't hurt at all. The Band Perry is great, and I love that song If I Die Young, but I didn't expect them to look like that.

Why does Carrie get to sing again? Also is is against the CMA rules for her to be seen in the same dress twice? This song has bored me. I don't hate all Carrie songs. I love her song Wasted.

I guess Dierks Bentley is having to use the leftover fog from Tay-Tay's performance. Love me a good fiddle part in a song. One of my fiddle parts in a song, Amarillo By Morning by George Strait. Love that. One of Daddy's favorites too. Good performance.

They keep threatening to have Gwyneth sing. They just showed the commercial for her movie Country Strong. Seems a bit Lifetime-ish right now and not nearly as cool as Jeff Bridges last year, but it could be good. Heck, they should have had Jeff come on and sing The Weary Kind from Crazy Heart. Awesome song, awesome performance.

Speaking of Oscar winning performances of country singers, here's Sissy Spacek starting a Loretta Lynn tribute. Gotta love the Coal Miner's Daughter! Miranda is doing a good respectful version of that song. Sheryl Crow isn't doing bad either. But then Loretta herself comes out, how awesome. You could see how much it meant to her. Reba is even in tears. She looks like she's been pulled so tight she probably cries out of her ears. WTG Miranda!

Here's Gwyneth finally. At least she's with Vince, and she sings live better than Taylor (yes, duh, I know). The song itself isn't all that amazing, but not bad. She actually looks a little nervous. I've heard her sing before and she's not bad. She's still more than halfway crazy when she's trying to act pretentious and better than everyone. Good grief her legs are long. Looks like one of the flamingos I saw at the San Diego Zoo & Sea World.

Now Entertainer of the Year: Lady A, Miranda, Brad, Keith, or ZBB. Who will it be? BRAD PAISLEY! Congrats to him! Could have done without Tim giving it. Seriously CMA, did y'all get too much self tanner at Sam's Club? At least he didn't sing that stupid Southern Voice song. But back to Brad, he is truly humbled.

All in all, not a bad show. Good, I needed that after a long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment