Wednesday, November 10, 2010

CMA Awards Blog - Hour 2

Tay-Tay starts off hour 2. How off key will she be? Apparently she wandered on a fairy tale set. No guitar this time, it's a piano! And fog! It actually looks like she's in a cemetery, with fake snow. Very pretty song, but very cheesy and about as country Manhattan. But she's staying on key more. I think it's because she's sitting down. I guess she can't walk and say on pitch at the same time. Plus she doesn't come across as big of a skank as Miley does.

Now, SUGARLAND!! But what the heck is with this musicbox dancer routine? Thankfully it didn't last too long. Jennifer Nettles still looks a lot like Kirsten Dunst mixed with Martha Plimpton from Raising Hope & The Goonies, and the lady from Reno 911. Lady Antebellum wins vocal group, not a shock. I hope they sing Hello World. I luuuurrrrrrve that song!! They have some famous relatives. Hillary's mother is Linda Davis, who sang with Reba on that Does He Love You song. And one of the two guys is the brother of Katherine Heigl's husband. He's a singer too, but everyone knows him as Katherine Heigl's husband or Lady Antebellum guy's brother. Wow, sucks to be him.

Now it's time for Keith Urban. Good song and good use of Ellen Degeneres' former hairstyle. Now Reba is singing "If I Were a Boy" by Beyonce. Well, at least she isn't doing the 5,000th youtube version of Single Ladies. But it would have been fun to hear her do Crazy In Love. Sugarland has already done a great job on Irreplaceable.

KELLY CLARKSON!! I've heard great things about this duet. Wow, they tore that up! Great job, although Jason Aldean was slightly blown out of the water by Kelly, it still was good. Her voice as strong and awesome as I've heard it. Album of the year time. It's between Lady A & Miranda. Who'll win? Miranda Lambert takes it home. I need to download that. She seems a little crazy. I appreciate that! Plus, one of her producers kinda looks like Chaz Bono. Now, Kid Rock is singing. This I dedicate to my dear sweet friend Vicki! She's been on the Kid Rock cruise. He is a very good performer. I actually liked this song too. But dude, that fringe is too much.

Once again, let me just say that Brad Paisley is awesome. He is someone who respect the history of country music, is super talented, and funny as all get out. Now time for Vocal Duo of the Year, and it's Sugarland. This is mainly because there aren't really any other duos out there having much success. They should just combine duo & group. And apparently they couldn't put the video of the year in the main telecast. You need time to have Gwyneth Paltrow sing. Because when I think country, I think of a pretentious actress who lives in England and tells everyone how backwards America is. Well that's country!

Bring on hour 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment