Sunday, April 1, 2012

ACM Awards - Hour 1

I'm back blogging again. Missed the oscars sadly. Let's start with Carrie Underwood singing like she needs a pole. This sounds more Pat Benatar than Patsy Cline and I don't like. Plus she sounds like she's forcing it. This is the absolute I've heard her sound. Plus her dress looks like a tacky lampshade.

Here are your hosts, Reba and Blake Shelton. That's how they said it. Is Reba like Cher now and has no last name? Ooh a Randy Travis DUI joke from Blake? Reba made a mullet joke, Blake made an old joke. Really, no plastic surgery joke? The Tebow and Taylor jokes were funny. Taylor looked like she wanted to flip Blake off. #TeamBlake. KISS is there? Why? They wear less makeup than Reba.

Chris Young is up with Save Water Drink beer. Wow he looks my size, maybe he should switch to lite beer. Generic country drinking rocking song. And now to Sugarland over at Mandalay Bay (because when I think country, I think Vegas!) Here's Zac Brown Band. But Zac, with that hat and beard you look somewhere between homeless and Zach Galifianakis. But I don't think I've heard a song from them I don't like. The Band Perry now, I like them too but it looks like the girl Perry wants to do the Angelina leg pose. And the hair on the boys Perry still reminds me of women in the early 1980s. I hate that girl Perry couldn't find her dress and had to go out in her slip. Bless her heart.

Another country superstar, LL Cool J, comes out in his trademark hat to give a shout out to the military and to introduce Keith Urban singing his song from Act of Valor. Good song and Keith's hair is perfectly feathered, as always. Half an hour into the show, the first award, song of the year presented by 2 Broke Girls Beth Behrs. I love that show :-) The winner is Crazy Girl by Eli Young Band. I'm behind on country so are they good? Just glad it wasn't lady a. Gotta love a group taking a cell phone pic from stage.

Now Blake is singing. He is doing a more low key Conway Twitty or TG Sheppard type song. Good job. Album of the year goes to Miranda Lambert. Glad it wasn't lady a :-) Now some 14 year old named Hunter Hayes who makes Bieber look old enough to buy beer. But he ain't half bad. Now Little Big Town singing Imagine (love them) acapella to start an combining it with a song from the kid, the children's choir is just a tad too much.

On to hour 2!!

No comments:

Post a Comment