Sunday, April 1, 2012

ACM Awards - Hour 3

We are starting hour #3 off with Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw. Kenny looks tinier every time I see him. Is he manorexic? Also, be proud of being bald, our hats look dumb. Is it in their contracts that all performers tonight have to wear pants tight enough to cause blood flow problems? Taylor, don't dance in your seat, there are cameras around, bless her heart. Eh, ok song. Now, another bane of my existence, Ashton Kutcher. Ashton, no, please don't. YOU DON'T SING GEORGE STRAIT! Someone go up and punch him right now. Miranda wins female vocalist. That's good, she sings better than Taylor.

Here's Blake introducing his wife Miranda. Good song, but I don't think the dress goes with the song for some reason. I think it grew moss or something. Oh look, it's Miley's boyfriend at the ACM's introducing Zac Brown Band with Brad Paisley. This oughta be good! Brad in the Zac Brown hat is GREAT haha. He's one heck of a guitar player. Bono is on tape from Ireland introducing Dierks Bentley. I like how all the people doing introductions say "My friend so&so." Are they all friends? Are all celebrities friends? Anyway, Dierks is a very underrated singer/songwriter. This is a great patriotic song that goes beyond party lines. Good.

Oh, a wedding at the ACMs. I'm sure there is some sort of sadness. Yes, two widowed people. You will either cry or gag on the sickeningly sweet nature of it all haha. The guy from Train is now singing with Martina McBride. Why are they getting married WHILE they are singing? That's odd. I'm just glad Train guy isn't singing Hey Soul Sister. Why can't they just have Martina sing a Martina song? Now Thompson Square, duo of the year winners, nope, not Sugarland. I still say they should combine duo & group. Nice subtle product placement by Dodge in the recap of the country experience this past week.

Now Luke Bryan is performing with some green lasers that look like they were stolen from the brilliant 1985 movie Real Genius with Val Kilmer. When did country stars switch from cowboy hats to caps? Why is this guy prancing and jumping like Shania Twain? Finally, if you want the audience to sing along, be sure they are singing loud enough to be heard. It's an ok performance, nothing wrong with it. Here's Taylor to present the male vocalist award. I wish she was singer her Hunger Games song. That's a good song. Blake Shelton wins Male Vocalist so he and his wife sweep again.

Now, it's the end of the show. Entertainer of the Year is being presented by Lionel Richie. Not a country star, but has a new CD called Tuskegee (where he's from) where he sings with country stars. Plus, he recorded Deep River Woman with Alabama years ago, so he's no stranger to country. The winner is Taylor Swift. I'm giving my surprised face. Who are all those people who came up to her? It looked like she just joined a Baptist church. Now, a performance with Lionel Richie and Blake Shelton. I hope it's better than Dancing on the Ceiling which Lionel did with Rascal Flatts at the CMAs. You Are! I love this song.

Overall, not a bad show. I think it was better than the CMAs, mainly because it was on CBS :) Hope you enjoyed the blogs. I watched so you didn't have to. Good night everyone. Now I have to wait til midnight to watch Mad Men. The sacrifices I make for y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment