Sunday, June 3, 2012

MTV Movie Awards Blog #1

Well kids, it's time for another awards show, this time it's the MTV Movie Awards. They are starting off with fun. singing there pervasive hit "We Are Young". This is gonna be a hot mess show, I can already tell. How, you may ask? Well, #1 I saw Vanilla Ice in the audience. #2 The guys from fun. are wearing white tux jackets, trimmed in black, and what can best be described as Mary Tyler Moore's capri pants from The Dick Van Dyke Show. They would have been better off switching tuxes with Janelle Monae. #3, Russell Brand is hosting. I'm already predicting he'll be awful. An easy prediction, he'll look like he needs a flea dip.

Here he is, flea dip prediction is true. Really, Mayan 2012 jokes are still being made? Sheen is there? Really? Ugh. Plus, he has to remind me he's in the Rock of Ages movie, which looks looks awful and I loved the stage production. I'm not sure what's more annoying and painful, Russell Brand or my psoriatic arthritis. Tough call. Now Mila Kunis and a high school history teacher, wait that's Mark Wahlberg, come out to present the award for On Screen Dirtbag and have to do a horrible intro about famous good people who are actually dirtbags. They were embarrassed, I was embarrassed for them and for the fact that Jennifer Aniston now has an MTV Movie Award. Bryce Dallas Howard was ROBBED! If you keep encouraging her, she'll never go back to TV where she belongs.

Thank goodness, EMMA STONE! And the latest British actor to come to the US to play an American superhero. Truly, this is an immigration problem. Lou Dobbs needs to be consulted. Emma is still awesome, even when cussing on here. She's got great comic timing. The winner for breakthrough performance is Shailene Woodley from The Descendants. She was really good in that movie, even if she started on that ABC Family show where she played a pregnant teen, and even if she did give a bit of a pretentious speech, bless her. Wait, time for another commercial already? Ugh, I hate dealing with commercials. Wait, I make my living from commercials. Nevermind, commercials are AWESOME!

Now, the 3 leads from a movie I am very much looking forward to, Perks of Being a Wallflower (truly a wonderful book, trailer looked great). Best male performance goes to NOT TWILIGHT!! and instead to Josh Hutcherson (although I would have put him #5 in that category). Really though, one award then a commercial? The producers really need to plan better.

OK, that'll do for section 1. On to section 2!!

No comments:

Post a Comment