Sunday, April 1, 2012

ACM Awards - Hour 2

Starting off hour 2 with Jason Aldean, another husky fella. This is a good song bu he needs to take the Red Man out of his mouth or enunciate better. Vocal group is being presented by country superstars KISS. I don't get it either. Crap it's lady a :-( I'm so over them. I wanted to be anyone but them or Rascal Flatts. Next a performance from Bradley Gilbert, new artist nominee. He has leather, tats, fire, and motorcycles. Maybe he shoulda been on with KISS. I'm guessing he's a "bad boy". Now Eric Church playing a keyboard with a guitar strapped to his back. And sunglasses too, really? This song is called Springsteen, I have a feeling it won't be a good tribute to The Boss. I'm surprised more of my Frieda aren't Bruce fans. So sad. But the picture of Eric Church behind Eric Church makes him look like a redneck Che Guevara.

Now Jake Owen and LeAnn Rimes are presenting record of the year. What is LeAnn wearing? No, it's not another woman's husband. Jason and Kelly win!! I love Kelly!! She's a real sized girl with a huge voice. She's my favorite American Idol. And now to annoy me (but hopefully not) here's Lady Antebellum. Pleasant song but still too bland middle of the road. And the light haired guy needs to go up a size or two in jeans. Steve Martin with Rascal Flatts? Did he lose a bet? Poor Steve. Another poor Steve, Steve Jobs. Ashton Kutcher will play him in a movie. He gives us the iPod and iPhone and iTunes and he gets Ashton playing him? That's just a shame.

Scotty McCreary is up now. Apparently he won idol. Generic small town country song. Did they shrink him? He's tiny. As my former campus minister, the right reverend Ronnie Brewer, noted, it's good they let Alfred E. Neuman off from Mad magazine to just do that song. Glad he's done because its time for Brad Paisley! But what's with the baptist youth minister goatee? They need to turn up his microphone. This camo song is kinda fun though. New artist of the year goes to Scotty McCreary. A big win for Mad magazine!

A remembrance of the late great Earl Scruggs. Now my nemesis Gary LeVox and Rascal Flatts with my comedy hero Steve Martin. Can someone get Gary some sudafed? Steve looks annoyed. By the way I don't like them in case you couldn't figure that out. Now Toby Keith is singing Red Solo Cup. Is he drunk? Carrot Top? Really? I guess Reba isn't the only red head with plastic surgery on camera tonight. Hers is better. Haha this was goody fun for some reason lol. He's a goofball. Saw him on Chelsea Lately this week. Despite the 9/11 song, he's not a Conservative. Who knew. Ladies and gentlemen, it's SKELETOR! Oh wait, it's one of the many guys Jennifer Lopez married. He's introducing Alabama royalty, it's Mrs. Jay Barker singing the old Rod Stewart song My Heart Can't Tell You No. I've always liked her. She looks like a country Kate Beckinsale. Good job Sara and ROLL TIDE!!

Now on to hour 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment