Thursday, November 1, 2012

CMA Awards - Hour #3

The hour starts with Carrie. It looks like a leftover Halloween cemetery set and I think she wore one of Tonya Harding's old ice skating outfits. Usually her voice is great though, but she sounds like she's forcing it. American Idol & gymnast giving out group of the year to Little Big Town! Congrats to them! Jason Aldean is singing now, and you can bet his wife will be keeping a very close eye on him tonight. This song shows off his voice much better than his opener. I still remember when he & Kelly performed their duet on the show a few years back. Awesome!

Now, Kelly & Vince!! I've been waiting all night for this song. Kelly sounds great, and Vince is doing great harmony. I'm still not used to seeing Kelly as a blonde though haha. Blake wins male vocalist again. He is truly crazy on the twitters haha

In the commercial break, I'm gonna break into the half price candy I bought at the Walgreens today. The best part of Halloween? The sales the day after! Now, back with Kenny. Where has he been? Or have I just overlooked him? No, that's not a short joke. OK, it is. Decent song, nothing special. Now the ladies from Nashville, the TV show (which doesn't totally thrill me) are presenting female vocalist. I think a couple of them have been drinking or at least sound like it. Thankfully, Connie Britton, who for me will be forever Tami Taylor from Friday Night Lights, looks better than she did at the Emmys.

Is Carrie wearing a wig? Just wondering. Lady A starts the Willie tribute. I figured they would sing this song. Most able to adapt to their style. Wow, his jeans are way too skinny and way too tight. He needs to work out, squats or something. They need to do a close up of Willie's eyes, see if they are dilated. Lady A sounds pretty but way too slow & low key, a bit of a drag. Let's see if the Lady A lady can breathe some life into Crazy. Her mama was the one who sang with Reba on Does He Love You. Just some trivia. Blake singing Whiskey River? That's perfect! Get in there too Keith. Good Hearted Woman with Faith & Tim. This song is in the PERFECT key for Faith this time around. That's the best she has sounded in a while. Then Willie himself took the stage. He still sounds good.

Reba & Tim Allen are presenting entertainer of the year. They shoulda let Reba sing! Sing Fancy!! Taylor didn't win (cue surprise face). Blake got a big boost from The Voice I guess. He's shocked, I can tell! He's genuinely thrilled. Taylor doesn't know what to do I think.

Well, them's the awards y'all. Hope y'all enjoyed. As they said at the end of Hee Haw "Y'all come back now, ya hear!"

No comments:

Post a Comment