Sunday, April 18, 2010

ACM Awards - Hour 2

Taylor Swift kicked off hour 2 by flying over the arena in a combination tuna can/hot air balloon basket. Good thing my friend Ms. Pendergrass wasn’t there to throw stuff at her. Then she took off the dress and was wearing black to show she’s serious. Then she walked to the stage followed by people for no reason. The curtain dropped to show a choir made up of people who couldn’t make it onto American Idol or Glee. Then she danced at the end like a spastic 19 year old white girl followed by a stupid stage dive. I will say Taylor actually sounded good tonight, very good. The song wasn’t very good though, but she sang the heck out of it.

Then, an Oompa Loompa came out and introduced the new artist nominees. I didn’t know Willy Wonka knew country music. Wait, that’s that chick from that dancing show with too much tanner? Nevermind. Glorianna was great. Their harmonies are great. Luke Bryan was good as well. Joey & Rory should win for using the term “white trash”, for him wearing overalls, and for having a great kiss off song. And the winner is Luke Bryan.
Lady Antebellum is now performing “American Honey”. If it wasn’t about a woman, it could be my song. I love it, I love them. They have had some pop crossover success, but can still keep country roots, unlike some.

Then Rascall Flatts had to perform. I’ve been over them for years now. Their lead singer is too full of himself and their songs have been horrid. That stupid summer song last year was a low point. The way he sang the word “sexy” in that summer song gave me the creeps. And tonight, as that genius Randy Jackson would say, they were pitchy dawg. I mean he was really off and really bad.

Miranda Lambert won Album of the Year. Glad Carrie didn’t win, she annoys me. She was shocked, she was planning to look ticked off again losing to Lady Antebellum. But those producers need to let people talk a little bit before cutting them off. They don’t have that many awards, give people their say, DANG IT!

Jason Aldean was OK singing Crazy Town, but to me, nothing special. Good, solid, etc., but I don’t think I’ll remember it tomorrow. Miranda Lambert went soft and slow tonight instead of fierce and angry. “The House That Built Me” was achingly beautiful and sad. Great job. LeAnn Rimes still looks squinty and creepy. She wins the Home Depot Humanitarian award last year, then proceeds to leave her husband for another woman’s husband. Not very humanitarian if you ask me. Heck, I haven’t liked her for a while. Plus, she was ticked Trisha Yearwood beat her out for awards for “How Do I Live”. LeAnn, it’s not Trisha’s fault that your version sucked. This “Barbie Doll” is kinda dumb. Dierks Bentley, how’d you get dragged into this? Oh look, dancing sluts on stage. You can tell this show is in Vegas.

Carrie is singing that sappy song Temporary Home. As usual, she has parts where she oversings, even though the arrangement is simply and beautiful. Pull back some or you’ll get to the point where you shout on every song like Martina. The flower petal rainshower at the end, ugh. But I don’t like flowers. But that being said, she seems like a sweet girl. On to the final hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment