Sunday, April 18, 2010

ACM Awards - Hour 1

Miranda Lambert & Carrie started with CCR’s “Travelin’ Band” joined by Brad Paisley on some KICK BUTT guitar. Miranda can do good attitude. Carrie just looks like she’s playing slutty dress up and has painted on attitude. She always dresses like a slut though. John Fogerty which was cool, but you couldn’t understand a word he was saying and he looks like he went to Bruce Jenner’s plastic surgeon. When Charlie Daniels came out playing the fiddle though, I thought it was just a big long Geico commercial.

I love Reba hosting the show. She got off a good Tiger Woods/Jesse James joke. She’s sassy and gave a “Bless her heart”. Can’t beat that! She needs her own show again. What’s up with Nicole Kidman’s forehead? It looks like you could show an IMAX movie on it. She’s in her 40s and her forehead looks like that naturally? I don’t think so.

Why is Cher at the country music awards? She’s CREEPY these days. She better watch out with those cheekbones, she’ll put an eye out. Blake Shelton & Trace Adkins sang “Hillbilly Bone” which wasn’t too bad. Deep down, we all hick! Then Billy Currington sang “That’s Country Boys Roll”. Yeah, I know a lot of guys like that. And then there’s Kenny Chesney. He annoys me. I will not go to see his movie, especially 3D? Seriously, why does a concert movie have to be in 3D?

Song of the Year went to Lady Antebellum for their 1am drunken booty call song “Need You Now”. I was rooting for it or “People Are Crazy”. I didn’t know until a month or so ago her mom was the woman who sang with Reba on the “Does He Love You” song, the one with the video where the boat blew up at the end. I do love Lady Antebellum though, CONGRATS! But that one co-writer looked like he was 12. He wouldn’t know about a drunken booty call at that age. But he thanked his wife and daughter, so I guess he isn’t 12. But seriously dude, look older somehow.

Then Laura Bell Bundy performed. She was on a soap opera and has starred on Broadway. That was a very Broadway production of an unmemorable song. It was too much about dancing and performance. Plus, she isn’t a big enough star to get a full performance on a major awards show. Her record company must have pulled some HUGE strings.

Toby Keith’s tribute to Waymon Tisdale was touching without being sappy. I liked the use of Dave Koz
on the sax too. Glad to see Zac Brown Band out in the Middle East playing for the troops instead of in Vegas.

Single of the year went to Lady Antebellum again. I think it’s gonna be a HUGE night for them. “I Run to You” is still my ringtone. I downloaded their new CD. They are awesome! The song “Hello World” on there is BRILLIANT!

Hour 1 ended with the announcer saying something I’d never thought I’d hear on the ACM Awards “LL Cool J will introduce Taylor Swift”. Seriously LL, CBS is making you do this I know. Say no or tell them “Mama’s gonna knock you OUT!” But I do like Taylor, I want to make that known. It’s just that when I hear Taylor Swift, LL doesn’t automatically come to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment