Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Just a hometown boy, born a rolling stone

Well, it's been a week and a half since I put thoughts to blog, but is anything really going on or worth writing? I'm just as busy at work as ever. I NEED a vacation. I mean, it's becoming a necessity. At least I'm not at the point where every little thing is annoying, but then again, that could be fun. I've never been a ticking time bomb, that'd be fun to try. God help Beaver Dam Road and New Freedom, PA!!

I did make it home and I got to spend time with family and friends. I got to see church friends, hang out with some friends I don't get to see enough of, ate supper with my parents and my aunts, and took mama out for her birthday. Yeah, nothing funny happened. Just saw folks. What, you were expecting humor? Funny stories? Goofiness? What, I can't just go visit folks in a normal non-funny fashion. I'm human dang it! Wow, I do need a vacation haha. But no, it was normal. Food, food, bowling, Yogurt Mountain (which I wasn't all that impressed with. It's way too overpriced. I don't care how many flavors and toppings they have. I saw boys fix theirs and have to pay 8 bucks. You have to be flipping kidding me. For that price, that cup best be dipped in gold, or crude oil). Went to Red Lobster for the first time in a long time. It was ok, but the little hostess/manager chick came over telling us we were lucky enough to participate in a survey and we could bring in the receipt for a discount. Oh GOODY! First off, you have a nasal annoying voice. Second, don't come barging in on our family meal to give us some stupid dog & pony show about that stupid survey. Third, on our way out, she puts her hand on my aunt's back in the way you'd help an old lady across the street and said "You are going to fill out that survey ok?" I was waiting for Sandra to turn around, cuss at her, then slap her. I would have smiled.

This week hasn't started off well. Monday I had a hideous bad headache. I didn't feel like cooking so I had something called "broasted" chicken. It's just fried chicken, but it was pretty dang good! Tuesday, I lost my billfold at work. Then I found out my employees didn't really know the word "billfold". Is it really that southern? Well, that meant I couldn't go to the grocery store to buy stuff so I'm glad I had stuff at the apartment. Oh, I had a pig out session when I got home. I was tired & frustrated. Tonight, since I'd already eaten bad and missed the gym this week, I said forget it and got a $10 pizza from Pizza Hut after choir. Yeah, I think I need to hit the gym again. If I don't, at the rate I'm going, I should be beach ready by 2037.

Other than that, things are ok. Celebs are still annoying me. Tiger Woods, Jesse James, all their sluts and the lawyers representing those sluts just need to shut up and leave the public eye. Kate Gosselin, nobody cares anymore. You are now Stepford Wife creepy. American Idol, except for Crystal and sometimes Lee, this season pretty much sucks. Andrew, I'm glad you are gone. Your look scares me and your singing is bad. AI has really gone down this year. That's sad. At least some shows are good. The Good Wife is AWESOME. Glee came back strong too.

OK, yeah, I need a life. I need friends up here. That's what going home helped me realized. All of my friends are online. haha. Thank goodness for Facebook. LOL, it is weird how many people mentioned my Facebook when they saw me. Is that good or bad? Well, anyway, I'll try to find some friends and some activities soon. But first, I really need a vacation. A beach, a tan. AAAAH! Oh, and politicians, y'all can join Tiger, Jesse, Gloria Allred, etc and get the heck out too. I'm glad I don't live in Alabama, there are some real wackos running for office this year on both side. Good grief! OK, will that do for now? Want more, just ask, give a topic even :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment