Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The CMA Awards - Part 2 Y'all!!

Brad Paisley kicks off this segment saying that ABC's hit freshman comedy black-ish is not what folks are watching, but to stay tuned and enjoy white-ish. Haha, it's funny because it's true. Now, Keith Urban is performing. He can play a mean guitar and always gives his all. But seriously, the same hair still? Who are you, Rod Stewart? It looks like the hairdo just past Soccer Mom #12. Nicole is there and she doesn't look like an alien robot. Congrats!

Now Darius Rucker (who will always be Hootie to me) and Tim Tebow (who will always be that guy Bama and Ole Miss made cry after beating them) present song of the year to Kacey Musgraves for Follow Your Arrow, YES!!!  Very happy about that. I love that song, and nothing about mud ridin in a pickup with a 6 pack. I'm sure the song is a bit controversial with some of the lyrics, but it's great.

Now The Band Perry singing Glen Campbell's Gentle On My Mind. God Bless Glen. He lived a rough tough life and now is fighting due to Alzheimer's. He has a documentary and new song (which is a heartbreaking song). I swear that one Boy Perry looks ready to join a Flock of Seagulls tribute band or something. Wow, this performance is GREAT! The Girl Perry is a sassy one ain't she?

Medicine commercials get scarier and scarier all the time. I'm waiting for them to just say "Either your disease will kill you or this medicine will. TAKE YOUR PICK!" I'm proud to say I take one of those tv commercial medicines. It helps me function.

Now Kacey Musgraves is performing on an old fashioned Grand Ole Opry set with an old fashioned hairdo singing Loretta Lynn's classic "If You're Lookin' At Me, You're Lookin' At Country", although her dress is shorter than Miss Loretta's. Then who comes out but LORETTA LYNN!! Full ballgown as usual, to sing along. She's 82 and still looks and sounds great!

Now, 2 guys they found at the bar at the local Chili's are out to present new artist of the year. Seriously guys, dress up or something, the new artist winner, Brett Eldredge is wearing a flipping tux.

Now Jason Aldean is performing on his "I'm sorry I cheated on my wife with an American Idol loser got caught tried to make it work but she wouldn't have me so now I'm engaged to that girl" tour. That's heck trying to fit on a t-shirt. Not that I'm judging. To me, he still hasn't surpassed his work on his duet with Kelly Clarkson. But I respect him because he's not some skinny guy. He looks like he wore husky sized pants when he was a kid. But the fake rips in the jeans he's wearing now makes him look like a scarecrow. If he only had a brain.

Carrie Underwood is out in outfit number 12 and Brad Paisley is out with a great idea. He's got a Sam's size container of cheese balls in a baby carrier strapped to him. I LIKE IT!! Now I want some! Now Little Big Town is performing in outfits with HEAVY red outlining. Creepy. They are singing their hit "Day Drinking" or as some people I know would call it "Alcoholism" or "A Cry For Help". I'll stick with day ice creaming. Now I want Ice Cream! Oh the read is now white. Those are lights y'all! Fancy. Now Ariana is singing her part of Bang Bang. Why, seriously, why? That went from zero to hot mess in less than 5 seconds. A new land speed record!

OK, I say part 2 is DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment