Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The CMA Awards - Part 3 Y'all!!!

Now Tim McGraw is performing a song called Shotgun Rider (I think that's what Brad said?) First off, fella needs a sandwich (pronounced sammich). He's got a real life steel guitar player y'all! What do y'all think of the band all in white jackets? Not a bad song, but why bring out the guitar if you are just gonna sling it over your back? I can "play" guitar like that too. You ain't special.

Now vocal duo, which will go to Florida Georgia Auto-Tune, I mean Florida-Georgia Line, sorry. But that one guy presenting is tall, the girl looks like the country version of Lorde and then there's the third guy. Now some random guy is on a stage singing. According to the graphic it's Cole Swindell and according to my eyes he's lost his upper lip somewhere along the way. Just odd they didn't give him a real introduction. But a Wikipedia search confirmed my suspicions from the GS on his hat that he went to Georgia Southern. Just a bit of trivia for ya.

Carrie Underwood in outfit #27 introducing Dierks Bentley singing Drunk On a Plane (apparently he got his pilot's license this year, how scary is that). Another guitar slung across his back, but he actually brings it out and plays it. Not my favorite Dierks song but you have to drink a lot in a country song or it's not country. Hey sound mixers, can't y'all turn the instruments down, can't hear Dierks. Or are you drunk on TV?

Now, Martina McBride and Coach Taylor's wife, I mean Connie Britton. Sorry, I'm a Friday Night Lights fan forever. Clear eyes, full hearts, CAN'T LOSE! Now album of the year goes to Miranda Lambert which I thought it would. She looks like Baby Spice now.

WooHoo, Hunger Games commercial. I can't wait! I need to re-read the books at some point. I read them all quickly back around the time I had back surgery.

Now, Carrie Underwood in outfit #39 of the night introducing her co-host Brad Paisley. Can't help but like the guy, but the weird swaying mosh pit in front of him is kinda creepy. Man, he can play that guitar! Now Blake Shelton is singing. I remember when he had a mullet and sang Austin. Oh how times change. Is he singing with Luna Lovegood from Hogwarts? (Yes, a Harry Potter joke y'all!) He looks uncomfortable dancing/moving lol.

On to part 4, the Final Chapter!

No comments:

Post a Comment