Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The CMA Awards - Part 1 Y'all!

It's been a minute since I've blogged an awards show. Well, 7 months actually. I blogged the ACM Awards, now, I've eaten, got my dishwasher running, clothes ready for tomorrow, American Horror Story set to tape (yes, I know it's a DVR, but I'm old and I still tape shows, leave me alone and get off my lawn) and I'm ready to watch the CMAs.

They are starting off the show with Kenny Chesney doing some speak/singing thing. It's got a banjo so it SOUND country. But it looks about as country as a Yankees game. It's got hipster dressed guys and girls dancing around a psychadelic-ish painted bus. I have expected the Partridge Family to get off it was so colorful. Now, keeping in the theme of real country, Miranda Lambert is singing with Meghan Trainor on her hit "All About That Bass". I do like that song, but I'm waiting for the real country to start. Half a fiddle in it don't make it country. Tim McGraw looked mighty confused. George Strait was laughing, but in my mind, he was thinking "What is this y'all?".

Now, Brad & Carrie. How many pregnancy jokes will we get? They start off honoring the now retired but still nominated George Strait. Now, pregnancy joke #1. Ooh, an Ebola joke song called Quarantine set to Dolly's Jolene. Ooh, political jokes. Easy crowd to do this with. Carrie is much less wooden than she was last year when she was on the CMAs and The Sound of Music (bless her heart on that one). Ooh, a Renee Zellweger joke.

For the first award of the evening, let's hear it for country icon...Steven Tyler? What? Um, ok. Also, forget what happened to Renee, what has happened to Steven Tyler over the years? The winner for single of the year goes to Miranda Lambert for Automatic. I do like that song though so it's ok. But I think something happened to part of her dress. Looks odd. Wait, Ariana Grande is there too? Why are they trying to take the country out of my country?

Now Lady Antebellum are on stage singing about revenge drunking with Hey Bartender. Hey look the Swiss Miss girl is playing guitar for them. Seriously dude, NOBODY is wearing 2 long braided ponytails anymore. He's so 2013 or probably 1913. It was a rock song with a banjo but still catchier than it had a right to be.

Now, Florida Georgia Line is performing. I'm interested to hear what they sound like without all the autotune. This is actually the most country I've heard them sound. I still don't know which one is Florida and which one is Georgia. I know one is sleeveless and tatted and one is in his finest Hank Williams knock-off shirt.

Well that's enough to get everyone started. I'm looking forward to The Band Perry singing Gentle On My Mind. I'm interested to hear Ariana Grande slur her way through some song. Seriously girl ENUNCIATE! More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment