Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The CMA Awards - Part 4 Y'all!!!!

Now, the final hour starts off with Carrie Underwood in outfit #50 singing. Hey as long it keeps her from wearing a nun's outfit or Austrian nanny outfit and singing My Favorite Things, I'm happy. Yes, we get it, you can sing loud, so can I. No, I'm not a fan in case you couldn't tell haha. After Dierks got drunk on the plane I guess they needed to Carrie to church it up.

I have no clue who Lucy Hale is or this duo presenting with her. I'm sure they're big with the teen set. They are presenting vocal group of the year and the CMA Award for Vocal Group of the Year goes to Little Big Town. I'm happy for them, but they still haven't done anything better than Boondocks. I still love that dang song. I still think it's cruel when the camera cuts to the losers while the winner is on stage. I kinda want the losers to look all pissed & stuff.

Now, Luke Bryan is performing a song about a roller coaster, hence the big honkin' roller coaster on stage with him. He looks like he likes to dance & perform and he's trying to be restrained and it's tough for him.

Here to sing about smoking and drinking is Miranda Lambert and Little Big Town. That's the actual introduction to this song, and I think the song's title too haha. The most entertaining song about the 2 I've heard. A good song for bad vices? haha. Aww guitar player is a wearing a tshirt with the Farrah Fawcett poster on it. RIP Farrah. She was great in this TV miniseries called  Small Sacrifices where she killed her kids. She was scary!

Brad & Carrie are now singing "When I Call Your Name" by Vince Gill. One of the best sad country songs EVER! Vince is sitting in front of song girl with a flower headband or something. Distracting. They now are going through Vince's career. Hey look Taylor did make an appearance on the awards show tonight. Aww, Vince is getting choked up seeing all these legends saluting him. Vince is one of my favorite artists of all time. He always sneaks in a bit of a dirty joke too haha. Wait, the Doobie Brothers on the CMAs?

Now George Strait is performing with Dale Gribble from King of the Hill, I mean Eric Close. George Strait can do no wrong. Why does Eric Church wear sunglasses? You're inside. Do you have glaucoma like Bono? Trying to be cool like Corey Hart and wear your sunglasses at night? Now my girl Trisha Yearwood (great singer AND cooking show host!) is presenting male vocalist of the year. I'd love Dierks or Keith to win it but of course Blake wins it. I wish Trisha would have sung tonight. I wanna hear her new song! But I love the Earl Thomas Conley shout out. Loved ETC in the 80s. Then some newbie sang for a minute and looked like he was at a high school party.

Now The Doobie Brothers (yes) with Jennifer Nettles from Sugarland, Hilary Scott from Lady Antebellum, Hunter Hayes from "Hey I'm not the country Bieber" and Michael McDonald. So whoa listen to the music because the mics aren't up loud enough to sing over them. Is the lady sitting with Brad Paisley's wife wearing ribbon candy as a dress? Even Nicole is almost able to show emotion. This is more country than All About That Bass and Ariana.

To present female vocalist, some supermodel and some guy I've never heard of and the winner is Miranda Lambert. My aunt texted me "What kind of nasty dress does that girl have on?" haha I replied there wasn't enough of it to be a dress LOL. Yet another husband/wife split. Now, a commercial, then Garth, the ultimate entertainer, presents entertainer of the year. Then I can watch American Horror Story!

Here are the nominees: Luke Bryan, Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton, George Strait, Keith Urban. Who wins? Luke Bryan. Aww, the first thing he said is "I've never met Garth. Hey Garth. Can I hug you again?" haha. Now, he's ready to party. And I'm ready ready to watch some spoiled rich kid to be a homicidal clown. While I watch that, I'll leave you with Michael McDonald Takin' It To the Streets. Hope y'all had fun.

Later y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment