Sunday, February 8, 2015

Hey y'all - Grammy Awards - Part 1!

Hey Grammy watchers and readers. We are starting off with LL Cool J in a Kangol Hat (what a shocker!) introducing AC/DC. You pan the crowd to see lots of folks in suits and dresses moshing along like they've already had 5 Natty Lights. They are mostly wearing LL Cool J hats on too (I'm sensing a theme). The lead guitarist is wearing a coat, tie, and short pants. Maybe he's auditioning for the Australian AARP version of Harry Potter or Spring Awakening? I have to admit my knowledge of AC/DC is, well, next to nothing. I know, me not a hard rock fan, whoda thunk it? Lead singer looks and sounds a little constipated though. I can't understand a thing he's singing, but Dave Grohl is rocking out. Oh how precious, devil horns were passed out to the audience for Highway to H-E-Double Hockey Sticks (it's Sunday, live with it). Annoying reality show personality (not star) Frankie Grande from Big Brother looks like he got a good seat close to the action. He got it because of his sister. I got a sweater for Christmas because of my sister, not Grammy seats. Oh well, I like the sweater and wore it this week.

First award of the night is Best New Artist. Kinda early for it but oh well. I'm rooting for Sam Smith because his voice and songs are amazing. I'd be happy with anyone but Iggy, thankfully Sam wins. Go up there and get your award from Taylor (not performing tonight because she said she was prepping for her world tour. I would have loved for her to perform Shake It Off backed by a marching band. You have to admit that would have sounded cool.) Sam gave a short speech, then a commercial. They are teasing an Ariana Grande performance as you've never seen her before. Maybe she'll actually be pronouncing consonants tonight? My friend calls her "Slurriana Grande" haha. She has a great voice but horrible enunciation and habits.

Yea for Anna Kendrick. Anyone else looking forward to Pitch Perfect 2? Bad enunciation habits again. I think for every word she slurs, she should pay money to charity. Fog machine got in her way. Looks like she was on the set of Bonnie Tyler's Total Eclipse of the Heart video. Grande's a tiny thing, she'll get lost in that fog.

Now, Jessie J is presenting and performing with Tom Jones. Tom Jones is famous for having women throw their underwear on stage when he performs. Jessie J is honoring that by wearing what to looks be only granny panties and a black swan. I do love her voice though. Lady can WAIL! They are presenting Best Pop Solo. Please, no Happy or All of Me. I despise both of those songs. If you like them, well, yeah, I don't care. I flip the station immediate when either is on. ARE YOU FLIPPING KIDDING ME? NO NO NO NO NO.

Now Miranda Lambert is singing Little Red Wagon but the music is WAY too loud. I can barely hear her. Apparently she's got a potty mouth too. AC/DC performs with no problem but the country artist gets bleeped. Bless her heart haha

Now, Pentatonix (all 537 of them) and Barry Gibb are presenting best pop vocal album. It had better go to Sam or Ed. If Miley gets it, I'll shoot my TV. Thankfully, my TV is safe, Sam wins! That's a great CD. I got it from Santa Claus. It's not just slow sad songs y'all, I promise.

OK, I think that'll do for part 1. On to part 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment