Sunday, February 8, 2015

Hey y'all - Grammy Awards - Part 2!!

Now, Kanye West is performing. He can be an absolute jerk, and his wife is more annoying than my arthritis, but when Kanye is on he is ON. I heard his song with Paul McCartney and Rihanna and it was actually good. When he uses his ego in a good way, it can be good. I just saw what Kim is wearing. It looks like one of Blanche's robes.

Now, Miley Cyrus and Nicki Minaj introduce a performer. THEY introduce Madonna. Did Madonna draw the short straw? This is one of her catchiest songs in years. I think she's dancing with the minotaur from American Horror Story: Coven from 2013, while dressed like Elsa from American Horror Story: Freak Show. TayTay and her friend are having a big ol' dance party in the front row. Good for her. No, she's not the best dancer but she's having fun which is good.

Josh Duhamel, and 2 New England Patriots (Edelman and Butler, hey there UWA fella!) present best rock album. Josh trips going up the stairs and the Patriots trip going over their lines. Beck wins, which isn't a shock since he's also nominated for album of the year. I've only listened to one of those albums, the U2 one, because I got it free on the iTunes.

Two legends, Smokey Robinson and Nile Rodgers, two who truly are legends are presenting best R&B performance. It will probably go to Beyonce & Jay-Z for Drunk In Love. None of the others were even big enough to contend. And, predictably they win. Where'd Jay go? Wasn't he just with her? Did Solange go after him again? Stay out of the elevator Jay!

James Corden from Into the Woods, Begin Again, and CBS' new late night talk show (hey synergy!) introduces Ed Sheeran. He's singing his new song "Thinking Out Loud" about love lasting through the years like that and such. I kinda wish he would have sung Don't which was about singer Ellie Goulding cheating on him with one of the blokes from One Direction. Haha, that was an evil song. This song is destined to be in SOOOO many weddings this year. Still a nice performance. That leads into Jeff Beck & ELO performing Evil Woman. That would have been PERFECT after Don't. Paul McCartney was standing & clapping but then felt self conscious and sat down. ELO is very famous for being in at least 3 crossword puzzles a week. I think the awesome group Haim is giving TayTay a run for her money on dancing & singing.

Now, the host of American Idol introduces 2 of the judges from The Voice, neither of which are on CBS. Let's see if I like this Maroon 5 song. Until Animal came out, they were on a big losing with me. Gwen looks great and glad she is singing instead of whatever it was she did on her last song. That said, I don't think this song fits her voice. He'd be better off singing it with Christina Aguilera instead maybe? But enough with the ballads, anyone have anything fun to sing?

Now, the performance I've been waiting for, Hozier singing Take Me To Church. I heard a dance remix of this the other day and it made me very sad because it was awful & unneeded. His original is the only version needed. Now Annie Lennox joins me and I got CHILLS! Now into her version of I Put a Spell On You. Truly one of the greatest voices in music. If you don't agree, take your car key and clean the wax out of your ears. So far THIS is the performance of the night!

Pee Wee Herman and Miss Yvonne present Best Country Album. Wait, that's Meghan Trainor and Nick Jonas. Sorry about that. The Grammy goes to...Miranda Lambert for Platinum. I do love her song Automatic.

Now, The Weekend, sounding like he had too much fun over The Weekend, introduces Pharrell doing Happy, but in a new way. Some spoken word thing with some "world famous" pianist I've never heard of, Hans Zimmer, plus he's dressed like the bellhop from The Grand Budapest Hotel, but with gold and yellow shoes. Maybe he figured everyone was sick of the other version? I know I am. No, then he launches into it. I so very hate this song. If you do I'm sorry. I'm not sorry I offended you, I'm sorry you like it.

OK, part 3 time!

No comments:

Post a Comment