Sunday, February 13, 2011

Grammy Awards Blog - The end

Rihanna & Drake were introduced by Diddy who was talking really slowly and seemed to have something in his mouth. That's odd because Diddy is usually so put together and confident. Rihanna may not be the best singer, but she knows how to entertain and pick catchy songs. These days, that's all it takes. That being said, it's a fun song, it's got a good beat and you can dance to it.

Ladies & Gentlemen, Skeletor and some chick who can't sing presenting Record of the Year. I can't believe the safe choice. I'm kinda ticked. And this is coming from a Lady A fan. They are BORING compared to the other nominees. I'm resenting Lady A, when I'm really upset at the boring Grammy voters. 4 Urban songs up against a pop/country adult contemporary song. I would have placed Lady A no higher than 4th in that line-up. After their song of the year win, I would have placed them 5th.

Next, a band The Friend introduced me to, ARCADE FIRE! I'm glad they went full on rock tonight. The Suburbs is a great song and real low key. This was a super flippin rockin' song!! Gotta love a good rock song!

Now Jeff Bridges Kris Kristofferson & Barbara Streisand present album of the year. I'll take a Gaga win over Lady A if I can. The winner is ARCADE FIRE! Congrats to them!! I have that album, it's awesome. I also have Katy Perry and Lady A, Arcade Fire is the best of those 3! I do now wish they had played The Suburbs before they end of the show cut them off haha.

Ok, so that was fun. Not a bad show. Unlike last year, people sang on key, even Katy, for the most part. Enjoy your week. It will be upper 60s/low 70s all week. I can't wait. I will also see Black Swan & True Grit this week and try out the Y. It's a busy week!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't get to watch so thanks for the recap! Now I must go look up Arcade Fire...

    ReplyDelete