Sunday, February 13, 2011

Grammy Awards Blog - Hour 1

Well boys & girls, men & women, humans & non-humans, it's Grammy time. It's fun to watch celebrities take themselves and award shows too seriously. I still don't get why people cry when they win a big award. Be grateful yes, but not cry. You didn't cure a disease, you won an award. But that's neither here nor there. I like the Grammys because I want to see who can actually sing live and who can't.

Let's get this out there. Lady Gaga came in a giant egg, or "womb" as her people called it. They said she was incubating. Some find it brilliant, some find it puzzling & overkill. I'm in one of those group. But now, in the immortal brilliant words of Black Eyed Peas "Let's get it started, let's get it started in here!"

Aretha Franklin tribute to start with Jennifer Hudson, Martina McBride, Florence Welch (Florence + the Machine), Yolanda Adams, and Christina "I never met a vocal run I didn't like and couldn't stretch longer" Aguilera. CA was ok on her song (but should go up a dress size), as was Martina. But Florence TORE UP some "Think". She's awesome. I'm glad to hear Jennifer Hudson sing something other than that awful Weight Watchers song. Yolanda Adams looks & sounds like Whitney, if Whitney didn't get all strung out and crazy and Bobby Browned. Good to see Aretha at the end. She looks good!

Best pop vocal by a duo or group went to Train for that song I despise because it's dumb. Just read the lyrics, I hope they weren't sober when they wrote it.

Gaga finished incubating to perform her new song "Express Yourself" "Born This Way". The melody is the most generic she's put out. I think she needs to see a doctor about her shoulders. They look a little pointy. She knows how to put on a spectacle though. Glad to have another singer putting out a song about loving who you are. I think it would have sounded better with a rock beat instead of dance.

Aww, Blake is introducing Miranda. She's singing one of the most beautiful & emotional songs around. She did a great job. It was a performance as simple as Lady Gaga's was big. She was followed by Muse, who look like they enjoy being rock stars. I love the set, the performance, the visuals the song. I'll have to look them up! The Friend says he loves them so I gotta check them out.

BRUNO!! He's awesome. His CD "Doo Wops & Hooligans" is fantastic. But why is B.o.B wearing Mr. Peanut's monocle? Y'all know I'm loving the song Grenade right now. I love the Little Anthony & the Imperials type throwback (look it up and trust me) what a rearrangement of this song. That was brilliant and awesome. I love Janelle Monae tried to copy Bruno's hair and suit. I'm loving the song. Such a 60s throwback! Plus Crowd Surfing!! This is why I love the Grammys. Between Janelle & Muse, I have 2 new acts to look up and download.

Country female thankfully went to Miranda. I would have been ticked if Carrie won. That's a great song!

Well, hour 1 is over. So far, not too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment