Sunday, February 13, 2011

Grammy Awards Blog - Hour 3

We are starting off with Katy Perry for hour 3. I can't help but like her. She seems like such a nice girl, and got a raw deal from Sesame Street (how ironic is it she followed Cee Lo?). Sometimes she sounds good, sometimes not. She sounds ok tonight. The Friend loves the song she started with. Teenage Dream reminds me of being in San Diego (I heard the song a lot there and it's catchy fun). After Russell's awful SNL last night, she redeemed the family. It was fun to see Nicole Kidman dancing and singing along with Katy. See, she's not a robot.

Jolene by Mayer, Jones, & Urban, that was awesome. But is John Mayer trying to look like Johnny Depp's younger dirtier brother? Depp can pull off greasy as cool. Mayer looked like he had been hanging out with Charlie Sheen all weekend. Now onto Song of the Year. I do love that it is The Song otherwise known as Forget You. That should have won over Lady A. Grammys just don't like urban songs I guess, PUNKS! I like the drunken booty call song, but I was rootin for Cee-Lo.

Hooray for Seth Rogen for the Miley Cyrus joke. Now, on to Eminem's performance! Wow, Rihanna is starting out sounding FIERCE! I don't know that I've heard her sound better. Eminem is firing on all cylinders tonight. WOW! Dre joins in too. More fierceness. That was absolutely amazing!

Now, best new artist. I'm rooting for Florence or Drake. The winner is Esperanza Spalding in a HUGE upset. I don't even think she knows who she is.

With most of the Rolling Stones looking like cadavers donated to medical schools, I'm not sure it's smart having Mick Jagger come on right after the death parade. It's fun to see him go back to the Stones' R&B/rock roots. He seems to really be enjoying himself. Nice Cyndi Lauper sighting.

Kris Kristofferson is a very talented man, but is he drunk or did he have some medical problems? Now, Barbra. Song, hair, and dress straight from 1974. I know the song won an Oscar and Grammys, but it's very dated and not very good. Couldn't she have sung The Way We Were or something good? But you know some too old Grammy voters are thinking "Why aren't there more songs like that anymore?"

On to the last half hour & such!

No comments:

Post a Comment