Sunday, February 13, 2011

Grammy Awards Blog - Hour 2

We start with Bieber & Usher. I just don't get the Bieber popularity. He's not that great a singer or a dancer. He's like a mediocre church singer. No better than other those little disposable teen pop boys that have come and gone over the years. Then out pops half of Will & Jada's retirement plan. Yeah, that was annoying. I love Usher's Star Search dance routine, but he looks like he got his outfits at a Star Trek garage sale.

Best Rock Album went to Muse!! Their performance was AWESOME! I'm happy for them. Best Pop Vocal Album went to Gaga. I was rooting for Katy. Why are Gaga and Donnie Wahlberg both wearing sunglasses. You are INDOORS!

In the same set used by Zac Brown Band at the CMA Awards, Avett Brothers, Mumford & Sons, & Bob Dylan performed. I love a song with a banjo AND a horn section. That's good! I'm loving this acoustic section, really digging it.The bouncy guitar player in the suit for Avett Brothers is really into the song.  Dylan can be hit or miss with me. I know he's a great songwriter to be revered but his voice, wow. He sounds like someone's old coot grandpa trying to tell you a story from the depression.

Lady Antebellum singing Teddy Pendergrass? Skeptical, but starting off really well. I do wish they wouldn't do a big medley and just sing 1 song, but what do I know. But why is the girl wearing a ring pop on her hand? Nobody believes that is a real gem. But it was too low key for my taste.

What has Kings of Leon ever done to anyone to deserve having to present an award with Miley? Congrats Lady A.

Now, CEE LO! I do wish Gwyneth Paltrow wasn't singing with him. Gwyneth was good in the context of Glee, but this is Cee Lo's moment. Gaga, this is how you do over the top! Like 70s Elton. Plus, PUPPETS!! How can't you like that :-) It was like grown up Sesame Street. I won't say what letters it was brought to you by. Cee Lo is AWESOME!!

On to hour 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment