Sunday, January 12, 2014

Here's the Golden Globes Y'all - Part 2!!

The first half hour had a lot going on, so I went ahead and published it while it was still in a size made for short attention spans. Amy & Tina started with fake foreign journalist names. They cut to a shot of Gwyneth Paltrow opening a bottle and looking bored. That's pretty much how I look when I watch a Gwyneth Paltrow movie (cue rimshot). Now Jonah Hill & Margot Robbie introduce The Wolf of Wall Street, but the prompter has the wrong words. Whoops, but they handle it well. Who watched "Superbad" back in the day and thought "That Jonah Hill, one day he'll be an Oscar nominee and be in a Scorsese movie"? Yeah, not me.

Now, Aaron Eckhart & Paula Patton present best actor in a TV drama. Paula Patton had some sort of fabric alien monster attack her dress. Bless her. Funniest moment, Michael Sheen's daughter was about to take a sip of something to drink when the camera got on her. Her eyes got HUGE. Yes, funny. It's not like she was mortified or embarrassed for life so don't worry. Bryan Cranston wins for Breaking Bad as America's favorite meth dealer. And now, best TV series drama, because why go in any particular order. Breaking Bad wins best show. I was totally rooting for The Good Wife though. It's my favorite show on TV right now. I'm actually taping it tonight while the Globes are on. Well, DVRing it, but since I'm almost 40, I guess I still say tape lol.

Commercial time. Then all the fake air kisses and all. Watching some of the pre-show because the ballgame wasn't close at first, apparently Taylor Swift is best friends with every actress under 25 in Hollywood: Lena Dunham (explain that one), Jennifer Lawrence, Sarah Hyland from Modern Family, and Kelly Osbourne too. Not just friends, but BEST FRIENDS. She wears me out.

Now introducing the movie Philomena (which I want to see) about a woman who tries to find the son who was taken from her 50 years before, the writer/co-star, Steve Coogan (from Tropic Thunder) brings out the real Philomena. That's a very sweet moment. And now, Usher is onstage with Kate Beckinsale (ex-wife of Michael Sheen by the way) and Sean "Puff Daddy Puffy P. Diddy Now just Sean" Combs. That's quite the trio. They present best score to All Is Lost. He has long hair that he piled on top of his head so it looks like a bird's nest. Turns out Sean Combs partied with him on a boat in St. Baart's, Puffy came up behind him, unbuttoned his jacket and said "Let it flow!" No, I'm not kidding, I can't make this stuff up. Hopefully the award for this guy comes with a free shower. For a movie that takes place all in the water, he looks grungy. Now best song: Coldplay, Disney musical, U2, JT, Taylor Swift. The award goes to U2 for their song from Mandela. Good, I love U2. I want him to have an Oscar because I'm odd that way. Plus, it's a good song. I love how Puffy made the announcement of the award all about him. One day Puffy will come out of his shell. I love how The Edge first of all still calls himself The Edge and how he always has that hat on. Don't stop being YOU The Edge! Great tribute to Mandela by Bono at the end.

Well, that'll do for your part 2! Hey that rhymes! I'm a poet and didn't know it. Hey THAT rhymes too. Are you ready for Eddie? ONCE AGAIN! I rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment