Sunday, January 12, 2014

Here's the Golden Globes Y'all - Part 5!!!!!

Now, the Woody tribute. Emma Stone is presenting it because she's in the Woody film coming out this year. After all the, well, unpleasantness with how it ended with Mia, I was wondering if they'd feature her at all. They did just a touch. Diane Keaton now comes out looking sharp as always in a suit and tie. Woody has worked with a lot of great actresses. He has a thing for the ladies. Still, dating your step-daughter, kinda creepy. And Diane Keaton cusses too. Apparently, Hollywood has a potty mouth! Who'd have thunk it?

Now to be a nerd about my career, Diane Keaton accepts for Woody. Then right after, a L'Oreal commercial featuring her comes on. The traffic department at NBC made that happen. That's part of what I did in my job, making sure commercials aired where they needed to.

Now back again, Liam Neeson introduces Gravity. He possesses a special set of skills...in introducing films. Great voice. Why can't I be Irish? Now, Ben Affleck, snubbed by the Oscars last year, presents best director. Just realized Hustle rhymes with Russell, think that's how American Hustle got its title? Hmm. But the winner is Alfonso Cuaron for Gravity. What a brilliant feat of technical movie-making there. Did you see Gravity? Great flick! I love that he made fun of people understanding his accent. Apparently, Sandra Bullock thought he said he was going to give her herpes, but he said earpiece haha. Love it. I've worked with a couple of dear wonderful ladies with accents. I understood them just fine and I love their accents. Just train your ears people, it's not that difficult!

Now Chris Evans & Uma Thurman (odd pairing) present best TV comedy. Late in the show, the banter gets cut to make sure the show doesn't go over. Brooklyn Nine-Nine wins. Golden Globes are better at awarding first year shows. I was rooting for Big Bang Theory or Girls since I stopped watching the other shows at some points in time. Speaking of Girls, I'm taping it right now since it premieres tonight. So yeah, that's my night. Wow, Terry Crews is in a VERY blue suit. DANG! I mean REALLY blue.

Now Jennifer Lawrence presents best actor in a motion picture comedy/musical. I like her with the short hair I have to say. The award goes to Leonard DiCaprio for Wolf of Wall Street. I do want to see it, but my word it's 3 hours long with tons of F words. It's like a Baptist business meeting when they are trying to get rid of a preacher (I kid! I kid!). But 3 hours? DANG! Edit Marty Edit! Now Reese Witherspoon is introducing 12 Years a Slave. It is a BRIGLLIANT movie but very tough to watch. Glad Reese is coming out with another movie. Missed her in good movies. Last time I saw her on screen, she was in Atlanta yelling at a cop.

Once again a movie featuring a real person brings out the real life inspiration for the movie. Rush did it with Chris Hemsworth and the inspiration for the guy who played his rival who was severely burned. That rivalry propelled that guy to get back on the track. Cool huh? Now a pregnant Drew Barrymore is presenting best musical/comedy motion picture. I'm guessing American Hustle. Will I be right? Yes, I will be? Why am I right? Because I'm me, that's all you need to know. Elisabeth Rohm, as awful as she was in Law & Order, she was that good in American Hustle. Good for her. Gotta love it when they play folks off the stage.

OK, Tina's Leo joke? PERFECTION! Now best actress in a drama. I'm sure most will be rooting for Sandra for Gravity, but Cate Blanchett was just perfection in Blue Jasmine, truly perfection. And this is from someone who loved Gravity and Sandra's performance in it. Plus, did you see Sandra's dress tonight? No, just no. Plus, Cate was robbed of a lead Oscar by my sworn enemy Gwyneth Paltrow (Cate for Elizabeth and Gwyneth for Shakespeare in Love). Great speech Cate! Now the lovely redhead Jessica Chastain presents best actor in a drama to Matthew McConaughey for Dallas Buyers Club. He gave a great performance in it. Tight race between him and Chiwetel Ejiofor. YES!! He did Alright Alright Alright. Who knew you could still have a career and make good movies after being in crap Rom-Coms with Kate Hudson and Sarah Jessica Parker.

Johnny Depp presenting motion picture drama. Ugh, just not a fan of his. Sorry, I know many of you are fans. But does he know where he is? Does he know where a shower is? And the winner is...12 Years a Slave. I was afraid it was getting shut out tonight. It is a great film, not entertaining and tough to watch, but brilliant and harrowing. The performances were amazing and the story stays with you.

Well, that's it everyone. I hope you enjoyed it all. I know the Grammys are in a few weeks so you know I'll be making my thoughts known on that one. I mean, come on! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment