Sunday, January 12, 2014

Here's the Golden Globes Y'all - Part 3!!!

2nd hour, it's starts with the Australian guy from House, the guy dating Gaga (and wearing some horrid blue jacket, did she dress him?) and some woman with big messy hair who's apparently dating Johnny Depp present best supporting TV actor to Jon Voigt and his scarf. As odd as Angelina Jolie can be, her dad is still a bit odder. Caught a glimpse of Edie Falco and it looks like she was putting away her Christmas decorations and the bow on top of her tree got stuck to her dress. Bless her! Ray Donovan just didn't look like the kind of show I'd watch, so I didn't.

I almost wondered why Olivia Wilde had a beer gut, but I remembered she was pregnant so it's ok. I mean unless she's drinking like that while pregnant but I doubt she is. She's introducing the movie Her. I can't wait to see this. Joaquin Phoenix usually creeps me out, but he doesn't seem to in this. But Rooney Mara who was in The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo is in it and she DOES scare me, more off screen than on. Now Robert Downey Jr. hilariously introduces the nominees for best actress in a comedy/musical. He tells how he's a winner no matter who wins because of what they can do for him haha. Amy Adams wins for her brilliant performance in American Hustle. She was FANTASTIC. I hope she gets an Oscar nomination (as long as Cate wins the Oscar). She gave such a heartfelt speech. And as low cut as that dress is, we can just about see her heart. And commercial

Kyra Sedgwick & Kevin Bacon introduce Miss Golden Globe, always a child of stars, their daughter Sosie Bacon. That's a name. Then Tina & Amy barge in as Tina and her son Randy who apparently is the son of Harvey Weinstein. Bless Randy's heart. Now best actress in a drama goes to NOT CLARE DANES!! Good, I am over Homeland. I was rooting for Tatiana Maslany from Orphan Black (Great show, check it out!!) but Robin Wright wins for putting up with Sean Penn all those years. How else do you explain Madonna winning for Evita? Look at our Jenny Gump, Lord make her a bird so she can fly, far far away!

Now Jim Carrey arrives to big applause, mainly because they weren't screening one of his recent films (really, what's been up with you Jim?). He's introducing American Hustle, a fun train ride of a movie. Now Christoph Walz presents best supporting actor to Jared Leto for Dallas Buyer's Club. He was brilliant in this film. Heartbreaking. Jared looks a little greasy and after weirdness at first, he settles into his speech.

Russell Crowe and Colin Ferrell are co-starring in some weird Irish fantasy film coming out next month. It looks bizarre and I have no idea what it's about. I hope it's awful so I can go see it & mock it. If it's boring I'll be disappointed. Now Emma Thompson comes out with a martini and her shoes off and is flipping hilarious for best screenplay. The award goes to Spike Jonez for Her! Big upset over American Hustle. I remember Spike making many of the best music videos of the 90s. Which ones? Buddy Holly by Weezer, Sabotage by Beastie Boys, It's Oh So Quiet by Bjork, Praise You by Fatboy Slim. How's that for a start? Now Laura Dern is on introducing Nebraska starring her dad Bruce Dern. Everyone all at once...AWWW! I do want to see this film too. Big Alexander Payne fan.

Look, Amy & Tina are back. They were gone so long until the Miss Golden Globe presentation, I thought they were backstage doing body shots off Channing Tatum or something. Now, Seth Myers (who can't leave SNL soon enough for me) and Julie Bowen (who was so charming on Ed) present best actor in a comedy to Andy Samberg for Brooklyn Nine-Nine. I gave up after a few episodes. Should I start back? Andy Samberg always sounds and looks like a 15 year old. Even his wife looks like they walk to homeroom together.

OK, that looks like enough for part 3. Y'all sick of me yet? I am ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment