Sunday, January 12, 2014

Here's the Golden Globes Y'all - Part 1!

I'm so glad Amy & Tina are hosting the Golden Globes. They are truly genuinely funny folks. Meryl Streep's work in August: Osage County proves there are still good roles for Meryl Streeps over 60. Yep, I think Meryl pushed Glenn Close, Susan Sarandon, and Sigourney Weaver off a cliff. Best joke so far though was about Gravity "the movie shows that George Clooney would rather float off into space and die rather than spend one more minute with a woman his own age." Great reaction shots from co-stars Sandra Bullock and Julianna Margulies. YES YES!! I know, George Clooney used to be on TV on a show from the 90s called "ER". Medical dramas used to be big. George Clooney was actually on 2 shows called ER. Only one of them you remember. Julia Louis-Dreyfus as a too cool film star now that she has a film nomination, puffing on her eCig and blowing off Reese Witherspoon, priceless! Go JLD (just don't beat Amy yet again).

Great monologue from Amy & Tina, now onto awards. Tom Hanks & Sandra Bullock came out of the audience to present. Yeah, that was odd. The winner was Jennifer Lawrence for her super fun turn in American Hustle. I thought it'd be the wonderful Lupita Nyong'o but I guess not. But Jennifer is very worthy. I'm no fashion plate, most of my clothes come from Kohl's so I guess I have room to grow, but is Julia Roberts wearing a blouse tucked into her dress? If so, why?

Now, TV supporting actress. Golden Globes does something odd. They don't divide it up by comedy/drama/movie, it's all in one. I was thinking half pint little Nashville girl would win it. I still remember that she was on Guiding Light years & years ago. Now she plays the slutty version of Taylor Swift on a primetime soap. You've come a long way baby! But the legendary Jacqueline Bisset wins. It's her first win in 5 nominations. I think Jennifer Lawrence's career hasn't been around as long as it took her to get up on stage. TV apparently has to sit in the very back like Baptists ready to get out of church right at noon. She's still talking, cussing, even though the music is playing. SHE JUST DOESN'T CARE!! NBC missed one of her words so the S word went out over the air. I hope you aren't offended. If so, I guess you'll just have to live with it. Nothing you can do.

Naomi Watts, whose appeal I just don't get, is presenting Best Movie/Miniseries with Mark Ruffalo who's always great. Behind the Candelabra wins, defeating American Horror Story. I figured that one, it really was the bigger deal, and AHS is a bit of a mess at times. Now, for best TV movie actress, the winner is Elisabeth Moss for Top of the Lake. Glad she won, she's always so good on Mad Men and never gets recognized. I tried watching Top of the Lake, but got bored early. I think I should try again. Oh, Moss cusses too, but at least they caught this one. I think she deserves an award because she was able to be & stay married to SNL weird guy Fred Armisen for a few years.

Now Matt Damon introduces Captain Phillips. I haven't seen this one yet but I want to. It looks really tense and good.

Well, that'll do for part 1 don't ya think? I think so too!

2 comments: