Saturday, January 23, 2010

Because I knew you, I have been changed for good...

OK, I went to the movies tonight. I went to see The Lovely Bones because I wanted something light and humorous and I thought a movie about the love story between a paleontologist and a reporter from National Geographic would be light breezy fun. Apparently, I need to open a magazine or turn on a TV every once in a while. Apparently it's about a dead girl. Actually, I knoew what it was about going into it. But the way some of these little 14 year old girls were laughing and carrying on, you'd think it was another dumb Jennifer Aniston movie (but to me, dumb Jennifer Aniston movie is redundant). Parents, teach your kids some respect when they go to the movies. Other people are there to actually watch the movie and not chat, text, and giggle with my friends. OMG do that at home while watching Twilight for the 4,077th time you brats!

In happier news, another work week come & gone and I made it through in surprisingly good fashion. Things have actually been going really well. My staff has hit a good stride and they are pleasant to work with. Is it cynical or fatalistic of me to think something has got to be wrong or will go wrong? Eh, forget it, I'm gonna enjoy the ride as long as I can. Plus, I'm going to get an iPhone on Sunday. That should be good, everyone seems to like it. What about a blu-ray player? Who has one of those?

For the serious part of my show tonight, I'm wondering about the impact we have. Do you ever wonder the impression you leave on people? I partly thought of this because people say I can be very positive on the phone & in person. I try to be. This is partly because that may be their only contact with me and I want to leave a good impression. Also, a kind word and pleasantness (without crossing over to perkiness) can pay dividends in the future as well. Plus, charming yankees with a southern accent never hurts. Hey, play to your strengths!

But in all seriousness, do you ever wonder what impression you have left on people? My hope is that I meet someone and leave them with a positive impression of me. I want people to be glad they met me. For friends, co-workers, people I know for a while, I hope that I leave your life a little bit better for knowing me. Isn't that what we are supposed to do? Shouldn't we as humans want this in life? When I'm gone (not meaning death, but even just moving away) will people be glad they knew me? Will I change things for the better? Will I give positive memories? Will I give good advice? Will I help people? We should want to. Always leave things better than you found them.

No comments:

Post a Comment