Sunday, January 31, 2010

Grammy Blog - #2

Grammy Blog 2

Lady Antebellum!! I love them. This is a great song, even if it about a drunken late night booty call. I do wish they would have sung “I Run to You”. Trivia, the piano player (the non lead guy) in Lady A is the brother in law of Katherine Heigl. Great performance!

Stephen Colbert is always funny. Loved him earlier and winning and getting his daughter’s coolness approval.

Big awards are coming early. Record of the year goes to Kings of Leon for one of my favorite songs of this past year. At least they admitted they were drunk instead of having people speculate it. But they cut them off too soon. Stupid Grammy producers.

Jamie Foxx just needs a little self confidence I think haha. He is having fun. I think he was even doing the Running Man or Roger Rabbit too. Plus, SLASH was there. Gotta love him and that wild mess of hair. With all the vocal effects going on, I could barely understand what was being sung, but it looked entertaining.

Zac Brown Band is AWESOME! But I wish they had gotten to do a full song, even if Leon Russell was awesome.

Taylor & Stevie were good. Taylor is never going to have the strongest voice. That’s a given. But her songs are well written & well produced. Taylor & Stevie had good harmony on Rhiannon. I LOVED the rearrangement of You Belong With Me sounded kinda 60s Beatles/Pet Sounds Beach Boys-ish. Very entertaining.

Michael tribute in 3D. Thankfully, I had glasses left from my 3D version of Polar Express. But the 3D didn’t add much really. Carrie Underwood was bouncing up & down a lot at times. She looked like a 4 year old that had to pee. She danced MAD white. She made Celine look hip. Michael Jackson’s daughter looks like Abigail Breslin. But the performance was pretty good. Liked that they had Michael singing with them. Carrie sounded a little pitchy dawg. She annoys me, but she usually annoys me on pitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment