Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Long & Winding Road

OK, first off, 445am is early, DANG early. But, I didn't mind. It's a good tired. I was able to help, I'm in a hotel room, and I can expense meals. To me, that is a success! I'm now exhausted (in a good way) and the kind of full where you just want to waddle to a soft spot and lay around like 3rd base. I had mozzarella sticks, steak with loaded mashed potatoes, and brownie obsession from TGIFriday's. I don't do it often. I pig out, it's just usually on junk food. As for real food, not so much on the pig out. For a fat kid, I'm quite a picky eater. Ironic, ain't it.

Ooh, some woman today deserved to be called a heifer. She was tailgating someone for close to a mile when she could have easily gotten into another lane and passed the car. Stupid entitled heifer! The road belongs to more than you!

OK, Lane Kiffin, what an idiot. Fans of other SEC schools knew very early on (day 1) that this guy was full of empty promises and no substance wrapped up in a shiny package, like rice cakes. He picked fights because he didn't have the talent to back it up. Plus, c'mon, he never looked like he wanted to stay there. He commits NCAA violations and claimed ignorance. No school with a halfway decent athletics department allows that (well, except any that hire Kelvin Sampson). Then he leaves and the Vols riot. Haha, that's hilarious. Mainly because I remember the Vol reaction when Dennis "Moobies" Franchione left after the threat of sanctions and did it late in the recruiting season and Bama had to search high and low for the right coach and save the recruiting classes. UT better hope some former player with a modicum of coaching experience and a famous dad needs a job.

Speaking of football, yes the National Championship trophy was on display in WalMart. Even people in Alabama thought it was a bit much. But it was a corporate deal with Dr. Pepper & WalMart, it wasn't a reflection on my beloved home state. I mean, most of the folks on http://www.peopleofwalmart.com aren't even in Alabama. Seriously, do you think people in Alabama would have WalMart as the BCS Trophy store of choice? Heck no! It'd be at the Bass Pro Shop instead.

I missed The Middle, only saw half of Modern Family, but watched Cougar Town. I love that show. This weekend, I'm gonna take it easy & relax (shocking I know) and watch DVDs of some of my favorite films of 2009: I Love You Man, Paranormal Activity, District 9, and (500) Days of Summer.

OK, that's all for now. Comment or email please :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hilarius! We love Modern Family.

    I feel bad when I look at POW but I can't stop looking either....some of those people, clearly need help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. District 9 was weird but surprisingly different and interesting, I thought!

    Oh and thanks for defending your fellow Alabamians...you KNOW how much I HATE Wal-Mart!! I also am not a fan of Bass Pro Shop...never understood the attraction to that type of crap...but then again, I'm not one to go stand in line to have my picture taken with a trophy either. :)

    ReplyDelete