Sunday, January 17, 2010

Talking to Myself, and Feeling Old

Well, another weekend has ended for us and a new week begins. Unless, of course, you are off work for Martin Luther King, Jr Day. I am not. Oh well, such is life.

I made it back from my trip tired, but satisfied with the work I did. Hopefully it turns out for the best. I put on my best positive attitude and laid out what I thought would help them out. Only time can tell. A great part of the trip was the weather on Friday. It was around 60 degrees. Awesome!! But on my way to the airport, apparently someone did something bad because I think half of the police force in Raleigh zoomed past. I saw them assembling behind earlier in my drive, then came the convoy. I was just glad they weren't headed towards the airport. No, I wouldn't allow that to happen. I'll hurt a fool my dang self before they mess with my airport security. I'll sit on someone. But my 1 hour flight was fine. That is such a short flight. Very bizarre.

I'm still not quite done with my book "Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant" by Anne Tyler. But I am more than halfway through. Wow, I resemble Ezra Tull in that book. Not completely, but wow, that's me.

Then I got back here and Saturday was a very nice day. It was sunny & in the 50s. I actually got out and about just a little bit. I went to eat at Mason Dixon Family Restaurant which serves portions that are way to big, but tastes pretty good and decent prices. I got chopped steak with gravy, so you know I was content. Then there was the dessert. OK, I got the dessert at TGIFriday's that seemed like it'd be awesome, but was just good. This dessert is probably served just past the pearly gates.

Today, it was raining on my way to church. I know it's a law you have to have your headlights on in the rain. Can we make it a law that if someone doesn't, you can throw stuff at them? On a foggy misty morning you don't think it's necessary to turn on headlights so others can see you? Safety isn't necessary? Seriously? Ugh. Church was good. It's what got me thinking about my pity party status on FB today. It's true. If you throw a pity party, you invite everyone you know, but nobody wants to go. If I want to get involved in drama, wait, I DON'T want to get involved in drama. There is a difference between leaning on friends for support in troubled times and always being "Woe Is Me!" Why is it some folks aren't content unless everyone around is just as miserable as them.

Then after church I claim temporary insanity because I went shoe shopping. If it wasn't necessary, I wouldn't have gone. Ya see, my feet are big and flat, VERY flat. I mean, you'd almost expect me to say AFLAC in Gilbert Gottfried's voice. Apparently, most of the country has normal sized feet. Not me. So it takes me twice as long to find shoes because I'm picky and they don't fit. Macy's was a no, Rockport started off helpful then he got perturbed a bit when I asked if they had anything "sturdier". Kiss off old man. Then I made the mistake of this place called Nordstrom's. Downstairs was clearance/outlet type merchandise that was crowded and a mess. And all mediums. Then, I went upstairs. It's a whole different world up that escalator (I hate escalators, that's another blog). This should tell you all you need to know about this pretentious monument to honky excess: THEY HAD A PIANO PLAYER! What the WHAT! There he was, and he was playing Tiny Dancer which made it surreal. Went to the shoe department. The clearance rack had stuff I didn't like. Then the regular shoes, most didn't have prices. That's never a good sign. Those that DID have prices, I wished they weren't on there. I'm not paying over $200 for a pair of shoes. Seriously? No! Then I looked down and noticed my boots were coming apart. BOOO!!! I think I'm just gonna ask if I can wear house shoes or injure my feet so I can wear some. That'd work.

At least the rain washed away all the road salt. But if it rains tomorrow (Monday), I'll have to get off my Everclear greatest hits kick and get back on Karen Carpenter. I'm not sure which is more depressing.

2 comments:

  1. You totally have permission to wear house shoes to work

    ReplyDelete
  2. But absolutely no bare feet. That is rule #1

    ReplyDelete