Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hey Hey Hey! That's What I Say!

OK, I've been asked to blog, because apparently, a status update isn't enough. I don't know what all I'll write about, but whatever crosses my mind, good or bad or positive or negative. Right now, I'm sitting here in my recliner doing what I do best, watching TV and mocking things mercilessly. I say go with your strengths. I'm also doing laundry since I have to leave on a work trip tomorrow. It's my first work trip outside of Birmingham. I feel like such a grown up. Well, that, and I'm on a medication they advertise on TV with a long list of side effects. That's how I know I've really made it into adulthood, even more than my male pattern baldness.

First off, American Idol is back on TV tonight. I don't usually watch the opening rounds. I can't stand to hear bad singers being ridiculed by judges. Especially when one of those judges is flipping POSH SPICE!! When you are known as the Spice Girl with the worst voice, you really should never judge anyone's singing ability. That should be written in the UN Charter or something. Also, the woman looks like sketches drawn from the recollection of people who were abducted by aliens and asked what the creatures looked like. Add some skin and about 3 pounds of makeup and you have Posh. I was watching for a moment and saw the judges laughing when some untalented man with long hair and bad skin was singing through his nose so badly I wanted to give him nose spray. Show a tad bit of respect to the losers. Even the drunk mess that was a bad singer & judge last year was nicer than that. I'll watch again when the real singers come in.

I'm also watching HGTV which is the main target of my snark. HGTV should really be called PHTV, for Pretentious Honky Television. Watching these people looking for a new house takes entitlement to a whole new level. Even Dallas Cowboys fans don't act this entitled for no reason. Everything is just too small, it doesn't have an open floorplan, no granite countertops, but worst of all NO ROOM FOR ENTERTAINING! For shame, why don't they just condemn the house and take a wrecking ball to it. What kind of entertaining do these people do? Most of the time, they are having people over to watch football and eat burgers. That doesn't take 5,000 square feet. Up your price range (not price point, stop saying that) or lower your standards, or build your own house. Next, why does a family of 2 need a 3 car garage? Plus, some of these men on there need to assert themselves. These are the most beaten down & whipped men I've seen. Do you even have an opinion on the place you will live? Marriage is a compromise, I thought. Finally, going to the local farmers market and being able to chop vegetables does not make you a chef.

Well, I have to sleep soon. I have to wake up early to fly down to Raleigh. Did you know 4:45 comes in an AM version? WOW, you learn something new every day. Any ideas for the next blog?

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world o' blogs! I'm sure yours is one I'll read often. You make me laugh and we all need more fun in our lives! Take care of yourself and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about the "man caves" that are so popular during house searches? Why not watch TV in the living room with your family?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! If you become famous because of this don't forget who gave you this idea. :) You seriously need to watch the Bachelor on Mondays if you want something to write about. Its fun of drama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true about the house hunters on television Eddie. We live in a 1,200 square foot house, and actually, I've often thought how similar our neighborhood is to the one that you grew up in! 1,200 square feet gives me what I want...nowhere for my family to get away from me, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you now have a venue for your snarkiness, Edd-o!! Now at least tens of people can have an insight into your brilliant madness! I would love it if your blog became popular like Amy Adams' character in Julie & Julia...if it does and you sell the movie rights for it, can I have a small role in the film? I'm just asking...

    ReplyDelete