Saturday, January 23, 2010

My Blog-Mindless Weekend Edition

Good evening my loyal followers. Oh, goodness, that makes me sound like a benevolent dictator for life. A statue dedicated to me and being elected with no need to campaign. Nah, I don't lead through fear at work. I can't. We have a Human Resources department that frowns on things like that.

OK, so I caught up on 2 big Oscar movies, Inglorious Bs and The Hurt Locker. Both were good, but The Hurt Locker was better. 2 different cinematic views on the horrors of war and how it affects both the soldiers and victims.

After the movies I had Domino's delivered for supper. Domino's has changed their pizza recipe and I decided to try it. Not because I wanted something as unhealthy as pizza and wings, NO! I had to test this for you, my readers. It was for your betterment. What if Domino's was lying and the new pizza wasn't better. I'm looking out for you! It was pretty good. I liked the sauce & crust. I'm still not a fan of their cheese, but it isn't bad. The crust is very good. Their buffalo wings aren't bad. No, they didn't change them, but I had to taste them to complete the test of the 3 major pizza chains wings. In pizza & wings, Papa John's is the best. But there isn't one as close. Pizza Hut is, but they come in last. Their new wings though are a marked improvement. Overall though, nothing beats Hungry Howie's pizza & wings, especially if you get the pizza with a butter cheese crust!

After the pizza, I furthered my movie nerdness and watched the Screen Actor's Guild awards. Sandra Bullock seems to be coming on strong as an Oscar contender for The Blind Side. It's between her & Meryl Streep. Sandra was great in TBS, and she perfectly captured that character. I've seen many southern women like her, she was pitch perfect. I want Meryl Streep to win though. She was amazing in Julie & Julia. She became Julia Child and made her much more than a cartoon. But who would have thought after Speed 2, Miss Congeniality 2, and this year's All About Steve, that Sandra Bullock would have a shot at an Oscar.

Tomorrow, after church, I am bringing myself farther into the tech world. Yes, I'm getting an iPhone. It's upgrade day for me and I'm going to take the plunge. The Droid is taking over my office, but I will do the iPhone, but one big reason is they aren't on AT&T and I'm not on Verizon. I may need help in learning how to use the dang thing though. I'll let you know. I may also get a blu-ray player if I find one I like and want. I know, all this technology it's scary. You see, I'm just a caveman. I fell on some ice and was later thawed by some of your scientists. Your world frightens and confuses me! (RIP Phil Hartman)

I want to host The Soup on E! if Joel McHale ever gets too famous to host it. I was watching the clips of Heidi Montag, aka that blonde plastic skank from that MTV show I don't watch (like there is an MTV show I do watch) talking about all her plastic surgery. She's only 23 so that makes perfect sense. She doesn't even look human. Her chest is currently a DDD, which is an F. She wants to end up a size H for Heidi. Seriously? She's disturbed. Then she had the NERVE to say "Beauty is on the inside." She had a brow lift at 23. Your skin is in great shape at that age. What is she doing to herself? Also, nothing is wrong with imperfections. Our uniqueness is what sets us apart and makes us special. Also, who wants to look like they are auditioning for the role of the human and plastic lead in a remake of the 80s cheese classic Mannequin. People should just stop reporting on this heifer and her goings on.

And for my vacation this year, should I go to NYC or LA? I loved NYC last year and would love to go back and see more of it. It's only a few hours by train and I have a hotel where I could get a very good rate. But LA is LA! I've never been to Cali. I'm sure it'd be fun though. Or maybe someplace warm and southern. Who knows. The world is at my beckon call. It's good to be benevolent dictator for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment