Sunday, January 31, 2010

Grammy Blog - #1

I’m an entertainment nerd as you know. And since I have no use for the Pro Bowl, I’m watching & blogging about the Grammys.

The opening number was Lady GaGa and Elton John. I actually liked it. I think I haven’t liked GaGa because of Perez Hilton. He’s a waste. But her performance with Elton John was good. I didn’t get the grease smudged face & dressing like a Lucky Charms marshmallow, but it was good.

Single Ladies is song of the year? Um, ok. Fun record, and everyone has some jacked up version of the video on YouTube, but song of the year? Really?

Green Day & the Broadway cast of American Idiot. I may have to see this in NYC. I’m kinda digging this. Rock music fits well in a broadway setting because of the soaring anthem vibe to the songs.

Aww, Taylor is always humble & appreciative. That’s good.Is Beyonce singing with extras from Starship Troopers? I love how she went more rock than dance. That was great. I’ve seen the clips of her doing You Oughta Know, and she tears into it.

P!nk was way too subdued and the music overpowered her. Glad she took off the shroud Princess Leia used to record the message to Obi Wan. Then, bandages and bodysuits and air dancing, oh my! It looked artistic and beautiful though.

Miranda Lambert looked odd. Yea to Zac Brown Band!!! I want my chicken fried and my toes in the water. I love the CMA Awards. ZBB lost best new artist there (to Darius Rucker) but won it at the Grammys. Haha. GO ZBB!!

Miley, just go away. At least you aren’t singing. But I think still you can’t help but look & sound dumb. BEP, you have some catchy songs. This isn’t one of them. What’s with the mask? Beware, the Phantom of the Grammys? Now with I Got a Feelin’, are they performing with Transformers? Did Fergie get Josh to steal a few? I wonder what Jay-Z thinks. His song was Death of Auto Tune, and will.I.am uses it too much. Will better hide haha.

MORE TO COME LATER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment